• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vivid Resourcing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taita View Post
    Your given ref point provides limited info and I have not delved further.
    I suggest you delve further then as there is plenty of information on the case if you look for it.

Also note many of the people complaining were working through umbrella companies.

Regardless you were annoying them personally as individuals who were the workers.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I think it's time for Vivid to go and sit in the nawtee corner and think about it's behavior for ten minutes.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Your given ref point provides limited info and I have not delved further. However, I wonder if the principle of harassment can be applied in a B2B situation. As a contractor you are either a business or a private individual. Seems to me unlikely that (for example) British Gas Trading could use the act to defend themselves against a persistent trader.
        Given that the person that SueEllen was helping out with that reference was via an umbrella, then they should be treated very much as a payrolled individual rather than a B2B situation. Didn't need to delve far to figure that out.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I suggest you delve further then as there is plenty of information on the case if you look for it.

Also note many of the people complaining were working through umbrella companies.

Regardless you were annoying them personally as individuals who were the workers.
          You are not bending the law to suit your assertions are you, SueEllen? Canvassing a company is not an offence is it? Individuals answer a company number on behalf of the company not themselves. Any case law on that scenario?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Given that the person that SueEllen was helping out with that reference was via an umbrella, then they should be treated very much as a payrolled individual rather than a B2B situation. Didn't need to delve far to figure that out.
            If you think of the spirit of the law that created the 'umbrella', I think that's what HMRC would describe as having your cake and eating it.

Comment

If you think of the spirit of the law that created the 'umbrella', I think that's what HMRC would describe as having your cake and eating it.
              If you actually understood the issue it might help.

The contractor, as an individual, has engaged the umbrella to manage their tax affairs - PAYE, NI, etc. The contractor is acting as an individual, inside IR35 and is in no way engaging in a B2B. They had no limited company. They are a person. The case law that Sue Ellen cited was spot on.

If the contractor was through a limited company, they'd be looking to their accountant for assistance.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If you actually understood the issue it might help.

The contractor, as an individual, has engaged the umbrella to manage their tax affairs - PAYE, NI, etc. The contractor is acting as an individual, inside IR35 and is in no way engaging in a B2B. They had no limited company. They are a person. The case law that Sue Ellen cited was spot on.

If the contractor was through a limited company, they'd be looking to their accountant for assistance.
                Thank you for spelling out to the thickies the difference between an individual and a company.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Thank you for spelling out to the thickies the difference between an individual and a company.
                  The problem is that everyone just gets labelled contractor and that's it. There's a market for both types of contractor - Hector gets his perceived "proper" cut from those inside IR35 and the proper SME contractors can operate outside IR35 on a B2B basis.

Comment

The problem is that everyone just gets labelled contractor and that's it. There's a market for both types of contractor - Hector gets his perceived "proper" cut from those inside IR35 and the proper SME contractors can operate outside IR35 on a B2B basis.
                    The confusion is sad especially for one or two of us who think (most) individuals contract to improve their take home pay. Yes, there are many who could not get passed HR and others who had to start their careers as 'temps' but the thread, nay, hawser that runs through this forum strongly implies that contractors are striving to be seen as businesses.

Apologies to all for not realising that the advice given was directed to an individual.

For every protest I see here about too many unwanted calls there is a protest about too few calls when one is seeking a gig.

Comment

@Taita it helps if you read each thread and not make assumptions about each individual's status e.g. country of passport, age, reason to use an umbrella.

Comment

Working...
                      X