• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reopen Dissolved Bank Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reopen Dissolved Bank Account

I've sent a request to Companies House to restore a recently dissolved company but not sure the next process is to open the closed/frozen company account. Could you please help. Thanks, Roger

Wait until it's restored and then call the bank? The bank should then unfreeze the account.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Don't you need a bona vacantia as well?
      "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
      "See?"

Comment

You will need a Bona Vacantia waiver letter before you will be able to get the money back into the bank account –you can apply for this letter by completing a BVC14 form. You will also need to submit any outstanding information to Companies House together with the RT01 form.

Craig

Comment

How much did you leave in the account?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Craig at Nixon Williams View Post
            You will need a Bona Vacantia waiver letter before you will be able to get the money back into the bank account –you can apply for this letter by completing a BVC14 form. You will also need to submit any outstanding information to Companies House together with the RT01 form.

Craig
            Also, I believe your corporation tax and account filing affairs need to be up to date before the Treasury Solicitor will release the funds (after his cut of course).

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
              Also, I believe your corporation tax and account filing affairs need to be up to date before the Treasury Solicitor will release the funds (after his cut of course).
              It is only the filing obligations with Companies House that need to be sorted, unpaid tax wouldn't stop it from being re-opened.

If there is unpaid tax, HMRC should have blocked it from being closed in the first place - though I suspect they don't pick up on this often.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig at Nixon Williams View Post
                It is only the filing obligations with Companies House that need to be sorted, unpaid tax wouldn't stop it from being re-opened.

If there is unpaid tax, HMRC should have blocked it from being closed in the first place - though I suspect they don't pick up on this often.
                Probably because at the point of last filing, the tax is not usually yet due.

Comment

When a company gets stuck off at Companies House, it gets published in the London gazette so that any creditors can object to the striking off if they are owed money. If HMRC objected to any company that hadn’t filed final accounts and collected the appropriate tax, it’d probably raise tax revenue more than IR35. But that wouldn’t be hard given how much IR35 raises.

Comment

Working...
                  X