• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rolls Royce at Derby

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolls Royce at Derby

Has anyone worked at Rolls Royce in Derby? Been approached about a gig there, which looks kind of interesting...

Originally posted by MojoDog View Post
    Has anyone worked at Rolls Royce in Derby? Been approached about a gig there, which looks kind of interesting...
    Full of ex military types who don't look kindly on "civilians". If you can handle the working environment there is a lot of interesting stuff happening there.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by MojoDog View Post
      Been approached about work with RR several times in the past via different agencies, but the rates are/were always 5hite, so I never pursued them any further.
      Clarity is everything

Comment

I know a few who work there - SC is required...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Full of ex military types who don't look kindly on "civilians". If you can handle the working environment there is a lot of interesting stuff happening there.
          I'm ex-military (1980 - 2002) with SC clearance :-)

Comment

Company car?

Comment

Was there a few years ago shortly after HP took over EDS, there was still an 'us' and 'them' mentality, spent most of it waiting for something to do. Building is mostly devoid of windows but the parking and access was fine.

Comment

Utter carp place. Projects largely disorganised, no communication, poor PMs & generally not a nice bunch of people at all. More time spent with people trying to blame someone & talk about stuff endlessly, bugger all doing.

Saps all your energy & after 3 weeks sat on my arse waiting for a supposedly 'ready' project, I got fed up & walked. As did a few other guys. Final straw was them getting arsey about parking. New gig 2 days later.

That said some of the other poor sods (contractors) I met during my time there were diamond. They were pissed off too.

Comment

Originally posted by sgxluk View Post
                  Utter carp place. Projects largely disorganised, no communication, poor PMs & generally not a nice bunch of people at all. More time spent with people trying to blame someone & talk about stuff endlessly, bugger all doing.

Saps all your energy & after 3 weeks sat on my arse waiting for a supposedly 'ready' project, I got fed up & walked. As did a few other guys. Final straw was them getting arsey about parking. New gig 2 days later.

That said some of the other poor sods (contractors) I met during my time there were diamond. They were pissed off too.
                  Just been invited to interview. Money is indeed not very much, but its closer to home (almost commutable) and the job looks interesting. A colleaugue has ex-forces contacts in there who will hopefully give me a heads up on what the place is like.

One step at time :-)

Comment

HAd an interview once for perm job, didn't like it so I reused second round

Comment

Working...
                    X