• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Direct or via Agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Wouldn't that be nice. Would you give have the money you would have paid for the agents service which you are now not getting when you don't need to. I bloody wouldn't.
    I was direct at a previous client and they had a policy in place that all temporary staff doing the same job were paid the same rate. So all PMs were on £x etc. This was irrespective of whether you went thorugh an agency or not. Rates were lower than elsewhere, in fact the lowest I've ever had, but the place was nice enough.
    Last edited by NickNick; 24 July 2014, 13:07.
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
      Question: without agencies doing the role-hunting activity, how much bench-time would you need to spend on the phones hunting out a role that fits your skill-set and experience? Note, after the calling of warm contacts, the rest is a drudge of cold-calling new people in new companies. (with the social skills and rapport-building abilities expressed on this forum, I suspect this would be an uphill struggle for most here.)
      Question for you: If agencies stopping pissing people off by cold calling them and wasting peoples time with fake jobs so they can do their phishing for references, would the contract jobs still exist?

I put it to you that the jobs would still exist, they would still get advertised and the world would be a much happier place without the agencies.
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
      X