• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Watchdog - Online Screening

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Watchdog - Online Screening

Hi all,

I've been offered a gig but am required to go through an online security screening process.

Logged on this morning and my heart sank when I saw that it was run by Crapita...

Has anyone here had experience of using 'Security Watchdog' ?

If so, how long did it take to get a response and were there any issues...?

thanks

Originally posted by MojoDog View Post
    Hi all,

I've been offered a gig but am required to go through an online security screening process.

Logged on this morning and my heart sank when I saw that it was run by Crapita...

Has anyone here had experience of using 'Security Watchdog' ?

If so, how long did it take to get a response and were there any issues...?

thanks
    Yep, last clientco used them. Just gave them the information they wanted, rang them to check they had everything they needed and helped them to get the information they wanted quickly.

All in all it took them 4 hours to confirm the information and give the ok. Current clientco wasted 3 weeks doing the same.....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Basic security clearance took 6 weeks through them
      And two years later it was a security check for a financial company where I was going to work, they didn't remember they already checked me I had to send the same stuff again and it took them again 4 weeks.

I was pissed off the second time and refused to give character references for the reason they checked me just 2 years earlier. They let me pass anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        And two years later it was a security check for a financial company where I was going to work, they didn't remember they already checked me I had to send the same stuff again and it took them again 4 weeks.

I was pissed off the second time and refused to give character references for the reason they checked me just 2 years earlier. They let me pass anyway.
        A lot can happen in two years. I am not surprised they wanted to go through the process again. Sounds reasonable to me.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

BPSS is about three days now, SC 2-3 weeks on average - provided everyone gets all the information right first time and passes it on immediately. Most delays are caused by people these days, not the process.

And what far too many don't appreciate is that you can start once you have BPSS, even for SC roles...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Wonder if it is natives or Bobs working there

The Security Watchdog Screening Bureau is Europe's most progressive international screening organisation. We have the experience, knowledge and capabilities to support private and public sector organisations on nationwide basis. We design, develop, implement and support bespoke pre-employment scree ning programmes. Verification services comprise of Identity, Employment, Education, Qualifications, Criminality, Finacial Probity etc. For information visit www.the screeningbureau.com.etc. For information visit www.the screeningbureau.com.
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              BPSS is about three days now, SC 2-3 weeks on average - provided everyone gets all the information right first time and passes it on immediately. Most delays are caused by people these days, not the process.

And what far too many don't appreciate is that you can start once you have BPSS, even for SC roles...
              I'm just looking to transfer my SC. I've even uploaded the actual certificate. If it's gonna take 2-3 weeks they can whistle and I'll stay where I am.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I called the 'help' number because one of the forms wouldn't download. The bloke at the other end sounded like he CBA...

Me: 'Well, I'd like to get this done as soon as possible, please. Could you email the form, please?"

Bloke: "Yeah, OK. No problem..."

Awkward silence

Me: "So shall I give you my email address then...?"

Bloke: "Oh yeah...."

Heard nothing since.

I do hope the curse of Capita doesn't strike me again. Every single gig application with them has been fraught with unnecessary stress.

Comment

I'm just looking to transfer my SC. I've even uploaded the actual certificate. If it's gonna take 2-3 weeks they can whistle and I'll stay where I am.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I called the 'help' number because one of the forms wouldn't download. The bloke at the other end sounded like he CBA...

Me: 'Well, I'd like to get this done as soon as possible, please. Could you email the form, please?"

Bloke: "Yeah, OK. No problem..."

Awkward silence

Me: "So shall I give you my email address then...?"

Bloke: "Oh yeah...."

Heard nothing since.

I do hope the curse of Capita doesn't strike me again. Every single gig application with them has been fraught with unnecessary stress.
                Ermm... Exactly how do you intend transferring your clearance? It goes with the role, not you, and it's a matter between the two site security officers; what you have now may not be suitable for the new role, for one thing.

So good luck with that; could be the Capita guy actually understands perfectly well...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Ermm... Exactly how do you intend transferring your clearance? It goes with the role, not you, and it's a matter between the two site security officers; what you have now may not be suitable for the new role, for one thing.

So good luck with that; could be the Capita guy actually understands perfectly well...
                  Erm... For one thing, having been security cleared for over 10 years, I'm well aware of the usual protocol.
                  As my original question suggests, this is the first time I have encountered The Security Watchdog and am merely following the instructions promulgated by them to upload a Clearance Transfer Form.
                  For another thing, what I have now is SC Clearance, granted whilst working on a nuclear site. What the new client (also in the nuclear industry) thinks - having discussed this at interview - is suitable is SC Clearance.

But thanks for your comments

Comment

Erm... For one thing, having been security cleared for over 10 years, I'm well aware of the usual protocol.
                    As my original question suggests, this is the first time I have encountered The Security Watchdog and am merely following the instructions promulgated by them to upload a Clearance Transfer Form.
                    For another thing, what I have now is SC Clearance, granted whilst working on a nuclear site. What the new client (also in the nuclear industry) thinks - having discussed this at interview - is suitable is SC Clearance.

But thanks for your comments
                    OK, so if you know the rules you also know that the Security Watchdog will have no authority over SC clearance, all they can do is kick start the process that the SSOs should be following anyway.

As you say, more pointless outsourcing of activities that are actually really simple, just to make life ever more complicated.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X