• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Line manager approving time sheets?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One place I was at there were three time sheets to fill in.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post

Eh? I think you need some more valium.
      Isn't the timesheet you are thinking of the internal one for the client to see what time is spent against what budget. The timesheet the OP is talking about is the one confirming he worked the days he is invoicing for? Different beasts.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        I had a place try that on me.

I told all parties involved they were getting the same one, and which one did they want?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Isn't the timesheet you are thinking of the internal one for the client to see what time is spent against what budget. The timesheet the OP is talking about is the one confirming he worked the days he is invoicing for? Different beasts.
          Nope. For me and the clients I contract to, project time is accounted for seperately and allocated against projects. YMMV. Clients will approve a specific budget for yourco when agreeing the contract with the agent. IME an expenditure code will be set up and projected costs (usually XXX days at RRR rate) for yourco wil be added to it. Most of my recent clients (10 yrs) have been SAP based and will approve an agent's invoice against that Exp code only with a signed timesheet. Where a timesheet is not signed, it will be managed by exception (Last role I was in, the approver was on holiday when it came to sign time so the agent had to get it approved outside of the process). Clients don't approve invoices piecemeal against individual projects.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Wait, all for the client, or split between client/agency/accountancy?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              There are 4 players in the chain. The client, the agent, your LTD and you. I would suggest you try and understand those relationships a little better, who pays who, the relationship between the next one in the chain and lo and behold your answer will become clear.
              No I totally agree, the missing piece for me was the agent I would say.

Wouldn't you add the accountant as an extra player as well (in terms of paperwork at least)!?

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan View Post
                No I totally agree, the missing piece for me was the agent I would say.

Wouldn't you add the accountant as an extra player as well (in terms of paperwork at least)!?
                Please understand those 4 first. That's the chain of business. Again when you know that you will know where the accountant fits.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                  Nope. For me and the clients I contract to, project time is accounted for seperately and allocated against projects. YMMV. Clients will approve a specific budget for yourco when agreeing the contract with the agent. IME an expenditure code will be set up and projected costs (usually XXX days at RRR rate) for yourco wil be added to it. Most of my recent clients (10 yrs) have been SAP based and will approve an agent's invoice against that Exp code only with a signed timesheet. Where a timesheet is not signed, it will be managed by exception (Last role I was in, the approver was on holiday when it came to sign time so the agent had to get it approved outside of the process). Clients don't approve invoices piecemeal against individual projects.
                  Yip agree with that.

Slight aside but I've even had one ClientCo where the 'Line Manager' said ''I can't be arsed with doing that. Here...'' and gave me her login details to approve my own timesheets
                  Permietractor (probably)

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan View Post
                    Wait, all for the client, or split between client/agency/accountancy?
                    Agency/Consultancy/End client.

Comment

get it signed by the guy who hired you.

Comment

Working...
                      X