• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiter meetings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth it only if you've got nothing better to do.

When I was on the bench I went to meet one. It was 40 mins/£12 on the train and I thought why not? Turned out worthwhile cos Im still in contact with him and hes decent enough.

Apart from that, another one I met cos I had an interview in same city the same day so why not.

But in general wont take too much time out to do this.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Total waste of time
      If they keep insisting propose a Skype call or a meeting very close to your location and not where they want. Else just threaten to withdraw your consent to represent you and they will give in very quickly (if they have an actual role for which you are a suitable candidate)

Comment

Have only had 1 and it was a fishing for names meeting by 2 agency staff. I can understand why they do it but I would only go again if I was on the bench.

Comment

I got a couple of free beers out of one once
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Worth it if you are the one doing the hiring - then you get the invite to the Client Xmas do not the cheapo Contractor one

Comment

Working...
            X