• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Resource Solutions - 48 Waiver ?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

I have been offered a contract at a bank and the agency onsite is Resource Solutions.

Do anyone have any recent (last year) experience with them?

Can you advise:

a) What are their payment terms - are they flexible on those?
    b) Are they pushy on OPT-OUT
    c) Why do they ask you to sign a 48hour working week waiver? (ive not seen my contract yet, so no idea what the hours will be. Im thinking, if I say OK to the waiver... they may give me some mega-hours ?!
    d) are they reliable with payments

thanks in advance

Originally posted by Intention View Post
    Hi All,

I have been offered a contract at a bank and the agency onsite is Resource Solutions.

Do anyone have any recent (last year) experience with them?

Can you advise:

a) What are their payment terms - are they flexible on those?
    b) Are they pushy on OPT-OUT
    c) Why do they ask you to sign a 48hour working week waiver? (ive not seen my contract yet, so no idea what the hours will be. Im thinking, if I say OK to the waiver... they may give me some mega-hours ?!
    d) are they reliable with payments

thanks in advance
    a) Different at different places, depends on who the end client is - was on 7 days then it was switched to 30 days but no problems with it
    b) No
    c) yes - but as a contractor you should agree to a professional working day
    d) yes
    Join IPSE

Comment

Thank you Alias

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        7 day payment.
        Not had any issues with working hours
        Watch out for MTA. My bank enforces it
        Good for IR35.
        Thanks Stevie,

can I ask what MTA means ?

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
          c) yes - but as a contractor you should agree to a professional working day
          Just on a side note here; is there a legal definition as to what hours constitute as a professional working week?

Comment

Originally posted by anthony View Post
            Just on a side note here; is there a legal definition as to what hours constitute as a professional working week?
            Nope. Wouldn't be a professional agreement it would be a legal one.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Nope.
              Was hoping that wasn't going to be the answer .

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about the 48 hour week. I've been asked to work a couple of weekends and was happy to do so as it was in the last month of the contract, so stocking up for bench time in case I didn't get extended.

Barcap used RS when I was there - never had any problems with RS, just with the rate cut.

So, if you don't mind doing the overtime, opt out. Obviously agree on payments for overtime as they arise (e.g. getting 1.5x or day rate for 5-6 hours, whatever) with your line manager.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                X