• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Confused - Indemnity, public liability, IPSE etc?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
    It's a fairly speculative argument, not based on any statement or guidance from HMRC that I know of, or case law. It's repeated on here every now and then (by the same poster) with no facts to back it up. Even the IR35 insurers do not use this line in marketing their products. As for "wishful thinking", they (HMRC) probably haven't thought of it yet.
    If you use a sub you will need it, it's mandatory for any worker under your control which a sub will be.Obviously you don't have to buy it until you need it,but since it costs fourpence as part of a bundle why not have it and be covered?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
      I think it's more that B&C will negotiate to get the contract changed on your behalf, if it requires amendment.
      So will Qdos as part of their complete IR35 contract review service.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        If you use a sub you will need it, it's mandatory for any worker under your control which a sub will be.Obviously you don't have to buy it until you need it,but since it costs fourpence as part of a bundle why not have it and be covered?
        Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by rashm2k View Post
          Ok, I'm quite confused with this.

I already have 'Full IR35 Contract Review' with QDOS, I also need Public Liability and Indemnity, but I'm not sure whether to get it with QDOS or B&C people say B&C negotiate the contract on your behalf (http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-clause-2.html), I think thats quite good. But then QDOS website has all the prices and seems all the more professional (doesn't meant its better service than B&C).

Or even use IPSE/PCGs for these services.

So I'd like opinions on a) which people have used and think is better b) what else should I be looking to get (apart from indemnity and public liability).

I guess what I'm really looking for is a list of things people consider necessary and then a list that are recommended?
          Qdos is essentially an insurance seller who have branched out into contract review service.

B&C are essentially taxation experts offering contract reviews.

I got my insurance from Qdos but contract reviews from B&C.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            So will Qdos as part of their complete IR35 contract review service.
            Didn't know that, I thought they mainly suggested amendments, but then I've not gone through their complete service.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
              Didn't know that, I thought they mainly suggested amendments, but then I've not gone through their complete service.
              Actually, looking on the website, they will do it as part of the £40 service - I guess it's only if you are using their free service that they don't do it.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
              X