• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contracting with a dissolved Company.. Recruitment agency didn't notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whitelighteningwarrior View Post
    In addition they require that the consultant be paid into a proper company bank account that is associated with the company shown on the certification - again when a company name is the same name as the director I don't think anyone would pick up this.

Looks like its very easy to do
    John Smith is most definitely different to John Smith Ltd.

Any agent doing their job properley SHOULD pick that up and I would suspect they have been negligent if they have missed it.

I think he's trying to cover his own back there.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post

Any agent doing their job properley SHOULD pick that up and I would suspect they have been negligent if they have missed it.

I think he's trying to cover his own back there.
      Agreed.

Regardless of whether you can tell the type of bank account you are paying into, all you need to do is put the company number into the Companies House Website then it will tell you the status of the company.

Edited to say: I wonder if HMRC VAT will be interested in the agencies paying VAT to a non-VAT registered company and claiming it back?
      Last edited by SueEllen; 19 November 2014, 16:53.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Agreed.

Regardless of whether you can tell the type of bank account you are paying into, all you need to do is put the company number into the Companies House Website then it will tell you the status of the company.

Edited to say: I wonder if HMRC VAT will be interested in the agencies paying VAT to a non-VAT registered company and claiming it back?
        Indeed. VAT registration can be checked online too: VIES

Comment

Working...
        X