• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Howto Eindhoven ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howto Eindhoven ?

Hi,

Had a sniff of a gig in Eindhoven and have checked out the travelling which looks to be a PITA to say the least. Flight options seem to be Stanstead or else, strangely, via Dublin (!). I am on the South Coast so it's got to be LGW for me.

Alternatives would seem to be drive or take the train, neither of which is particularly attractive.

Just wondered if anyone here has done the trek on a regular basis and have any opinions as to the best way to get there ? Prefer to go out Sunday nights and come back Thursday ditto.

Thanks,

Boo

Ryanair are pretty much the only airline flying in the region from the UK. You could also try Dusseldorf but it depends on how much of a commute you want when you arrive (about 45 mins away)

Comment

KLM used to have 2 flights per day from EIN to LHR, have done this several times, but is a few years ago so may have get canceled

Comment

By the looks of it they scrapped EIN- LHR. Trains from AMS airport take about an hour. You could also fly to Rotterdam, which has a much quicker check in and check out than AMS but has a bit more complicated connection to Eindhoven using public transport (first bus or taxi and then train)

Comment

flybe

Originally posted by Boo View Post
          Hi,

Had a sniff of a gig in Eindhoven and have checked out the travelling which looks to be a PITA to say the least. Flight options seem to be Stanstead or else, strangely, via Dublin (!). I am on the South Coast so it's got to be LGW for me.

Alternatives would seem to be drive or take the train, neither of which is particularly attractive.

Just wondered if anyone here has done the trek on a regular basis and have any opinions as to the best way to get there ? Prefer to go out Sunday nights and come back Thursday ditto.

Thanks,

Boo
          Look at flybe ( London Southend Airport) to Maastricht airport. Then train to Einhoven.

regards,
          justme
          Last edited by JustMe; 19 November 2014, 12:08. Reason: more info

Comment

A while back I won a competition see a CL match against PSV, flight was into Antwerp IIRC.

Then coach to Eindehoven (50 or so miles so about an hour)

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

A while back I won a competition see a CL match against PSV, flight was into Antwerp IIRC.

Then coach to Eindhoven (50 or so miles so about an hour)

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies. I think I will most likely drive in if I get the gig but it's a 7 hour killer trek :-(

Thanks again,

Boo

Comment

Wipro?

Comment

If you are using trains from either Duesseldorf to Eindhoven or within Holland, check out 2 rail discount cards.

The Dutch rail discount card is about 55-60 euros for a whole year. You get 40% off the train fare after 9 am on weekdays, all day weekends and all day in the Summer months. You can take up to 3 people with you on the card. Great if you have family and friends over for weekends or fancy exploring. Dutch trains are normally very good. It's no more inconvenience going intercity there than taking a tube ride in London for a daily commute.

Deutsch Bahn cards are more expensive and you have a cheaper one for 25% off or one for 255 euros per year for 50% off.

Comment

Working...
                    X