• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving contract for another with the same client?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently working for a client on a contract running until the end of March, but have seen a job advertised for the same client for a job I am arguably better suited for, running until the summer for more pay.

I've checked my current contract, and I can't find anything preventing me from leaving, and taking up an immediate follow on contract providing services for the same client but through a different agency. There's non-solicitation stuff there, but that's not the same thing is it?

I sounded out the agency advertising the new job and they said check my contract to see if anything conflicts - and I can't see anything to be honest. Obviously there's a whole tricky maneuver to pull this off without getting the boot, but it's really a case of offering my services to help out a valued client, and I'm more than happy to stay where I am - but I reckon I've got the niche skills they need on this occasion.

The current contract is under CL1 (IR35 safe) and I expect the new one will be too, although I'd need to get this checked out.

Any experiences out there of this kind of switch?

When you pass client/agent Vetting and contract in hand if it was me

Comment

If it's the same client can't you put a feeler out directly, and potentially stick with your existing agent? It might keep them sweeter.

Although, it perhaps depends - are you only aware of the new role through the new agent or did you (or could you have) found it through your connections with the client?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I've tried that at current client co, but it wont even be considered unless I have a "confirmed end date".

i.e. I have to terminate and hope that I get the new role.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

You are already on site with the client - so why are you contacting the agent? Surely your first approach should be to the horse's mouth as it were.

Comment

Working...
          X