• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Receipt Scanner Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receipt Scanner Recommendations

I want to scan and save my receipts on my laptop. Can anyone recommend me a good one?

do you really need to buy a separate scanner for that?

there are some pretty good mobile apps that use your smartphone camera to take a picture of the receipt and converts it to a PDF for you, you can also upload them to dropbox or other cloud storage services too

Comment

Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i

Works a treat, and is portable if you need it to be, powered by USB.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
        do you really need to buy a separate scanner for that?

there are some pretty good mobile apps that use your smartphone camera to take a picture of the receipt and converts it to a PDF for you, you can also upload them to dropbox or other cloud storage services too
        These apps are quite rubbish, the pictures are often not sharp and unreadable.
        Every printer nowadays comes with a scanner, just buy one and put it on your ltd co inventory

Comment

I use Crunch accounting and they have a Snap App which is £5 a month. I take the pic with my phone, bin the receipt, it automatically gets loaded as an expense, including type, into my accounting software with image attached.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Every printer nowadays comes with a scanner, just buy one and put it on your ltd co inventory
            Beware the All-In-One machines, mine died midprint (HP OfficeJet Pro) so took advice on here and bought separate colour laser and scanner.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Disagree - I'm using CamScanner (As previously recommended here) and it's fantastic for saving receipts for accounting purposes.

Comment

The Google Drive app has a scan function (you take a photo of the receipt).

You can add multiple photos to one PDF file, and it all gets stored on your Google Drive account in the cloud.

15GB free, or pay US$2/mth for 100GB. Store all your other crap there too, all sync'd to your laptops/desktops.
                Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

That's your camera, not the app. Get a decent phone (you know you were looking for an excuse).
                  You don't even need an app, just take the photo and upload it to wherever you want to keep it.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

There is a thread on this earlier this year, have a search

Comment

Working...
                    X