• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24 Month rate increase

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 Month rate increase

This April marks two years working for my current client. After that I can't claim expenses any more. I calculate being worse off by £29 per day.

They might not renew (it is always left to the last day), so this might not be an issue. However, I was thinking of asking the agent for a rate rise to offset the £29 loss, at least partially. All in the the most diplomatic/Sir Humphrey language obviously.

Comments? Anyone done it successfully ?

Don't forget to calculate the BIK on the company provided travel/accom as well as the CT cost, unless you are intending to pay it out of your own pocket..

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
      This April marks two years working for my current client. After that I can't claim expenses any more.
      It's not clear from the way you've stated it, but when did you know your contract would reach the 24 month mark ie did you get an extension a few months back that would take you past April?

Comment

My team find this quite a common request at 24 months. We have had a decent amount of success of getting rate rises when explaining the impacts to the clients.

Chances are if you have been on site for a couple of years the hassle and risk of swapping you out often outweighs uplift.
        https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          It's not clear from the way you've stated it, but when did you know your contract would reach the 24 month mark ie did you get an extension a few months back that would take you past April?
          As stated, I won't know if my contract will exceed 24 months until (probably) the very last day. You might have in mind that bit about the 24 month rule applying from when you know you will be extended - that doesn't apply here. I really won't know until the last day or two.

This client is great, except they always extend at the last minute - a pain in the past, but quite handy now.

Comment

As stated, I won't know if my contract will exceed 24 months until (probably) the very last day. You might have in mind that bit about the 24 month rule applying from when you know you will be extended - that doesn't apply here. I really won't know until the last day or two.

This client is great, except they always extend at the last minute - a pain in the past, but quite handy now.
            ah ok, it wasn't clear that you meant it was currently finishing exactly on 24 months.

Comment

This April marks two years working for my current client. After that I can't claim expenses any more. I calculate being worse off by £29 per day.

They might not renew (it is always left to the last day), so this might not be an issue. However, I was thinking of asking the agent for a rate rise to offset the £29 loss, at least partially. All in the the most diplomatic/Sir Humphrey language obviously.

That's strange because a couple of days ago you posted this

4th February 2015 09:25 #1
              Unix

Contractor Among Contractors

Default Rate dilution bait and switch

Started a new role where the rate was higher than my previous one. I assumed the same hours per day but the new one in an extra hour which dilutes my rate to less per hour than previous. I didn't find out about the hours per day until I arrived. There are also other issues I am unhappy with which could constitute breach (role uses different tech to what I use and what is stated on my contract). Is it better to cut and run now without invoicing or hang around for a few weeks to work notice?
              And then said you walked.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                That's strange because a couple of days ago you posted this

And then said you walked.
                They're different posters...?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  They're different posters...?
                  Epic fail there or what!?

Comment

Is that all do you cycle to work and take own sandwiches ?

Comment

Working...
                    X