• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency requesting list of my Ltd Co's shareholders & directors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    Good to see this finally getting some attention. I attended a hack day years ago (2009 in fact) where one of the participants hacked together a more modern Companies House website:

Companies Open House - National Hack the Government Day, 2009 - Rewired State

Back then, the website didn't even work 24/7. I don't know if the old one still works like this but it was ridiculous.
    Not sure about the old one, but the new one is 24/7. You can even develop your own apps, see: https://developer.companieshouse.gov.uk/
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Permanent URL for any co.: http://data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/nnnnnnnn (replace nnnnnnnn with co. number)

Worth mentioning (again) that you can set up a monitor list where CH will mail notification of documents filed for any company. Semi-useful at least to monitor your own co. if nothing else.

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
      You can even develop your own apps, see: https://developer.companieshouse.gov.uk/
      If someone wants to develop an app that would alert for late company returns compared to previous years (not necessarily overdue), now _that_ would be useful as an early warning system.

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
        If someone wants to develop an app that would alert for late company returns compared to previous years (not necessarily overdue), now _that_ would be useful as an early warning system.
        You could search your filing history for previous returns, compare the dates, and also check the actual due date in the company profile.

CH send emails to remind you anyway, IIRC.
        Last edited by kingcook; 3 March 2015, 08:30.
        Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
          You could search your filing history for previous returns, compare the dates, and also check the actual due date in the company profile.

CH send emails to remind you anyway, IIRC.
          Yeah I was thinking more for monitoring clients, end customers, agencies, etc. Unusually late filing could signal a problem or it could be nothing, but useful to flag up.

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
            Yeah I was thinking more for monitoring clients, end customers, agencies, etc. Unusually late filing could signal a problem or it could be nothing, but useful to flag up.
            Or you give your (little) list to your accountant and ask him to delegate a minion to alert you to things of interest!

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
              Not usual.
              If you get one and deliver it you could spoof it.
              Surely they would be better getting it direct, or using a free service like :
              Company Check | Free Companies House search and download
              That's what I was thinking.
              Blood in your poo

Comment

Working...
              X