• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency contract, registered or trading address?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency contract, registered or trading address?

I have a limited company and am working with a new agency. They are insisting that the contract uses my registered address (my accountants) rather than my trading address (my home). Is there a legal requirement to use the registered address? I would rather use my trading address as am about to change my accountants.

Any advice would be great.
    Frosties

You are suppose to use your registered address on official paper work as if things go wrong that's the address notices go to.

If you change registered addresses as long as it's recorded at companies house then it's up to the people chasing you to find it.

Oh and if you do change it as long as your business paperwork, emails etc all have it then it's not an issue if the contract has the old one.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

+1 to this. Look through all your contracts with companies and in fact any correspondence. It should say registered address on everything.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X