• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Refusing to Pay Me After Leaving Contract with No Notice & No Signed Timesheet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unix View Post
    So the OP is lying now. The bottom line is no agency is going to risk his reputation by suing a contractor for being sick. You are scare mongering as usual.
    I've only said the same as most other posters. Not sure why you are trying to have a go.... And don't kid yourself about agents giving a monkies about your situation. Ask PC. He'll put you right.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ziggystardust View Post
      Due to serious and sudden personal health problems I was forced to leave a 6 month contract 1 week into starting with no notice, which was regrettable but I explained to the agency that I would be unable to continue working for the client and competently complete the work.

I sent an email to my agency contact and offered a substitute as an alternative but received no response, only to say that they were sorry to hear I could not fulfil the contract, which requires 1 months notice, and to return my pass to the client. I had not completed and had a timesheet signed as I left suddenly. However, a month had passed and after submitting my invoice the agency replied to say they could not pay me without a timesheet signed but would accept an email authorisation from the client. I did as they requested but received no response from the client, yet a couple of days later I received an email from the agency's regional director to say to not contact the client directly again and to communicate through them. She also requested that I state what work I had completed during the time I was there for timesheet approval which I did.

Later that week the director called to say that she had to speak to the client to see what they think about having to pay me and how much because I was not there long enough to "add value" and left without notice, leaving them in the lurch. I have not heard back since and my question is do I have any rights to be paid or should I just not pursue this as I breached my contract? The reasons I left were serious but I did not wish to go into this with both parties due to the personal nature. I am opted in but the agency have stopped communicating with me altogether.
      eh? Would you pay a plumber if he took your bog apart and left site due to having a bout of the flu?

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
        eh? Would you pay a plumber if he took your bog apart and left site due to having a bout of the flu?
        Yes if he would send a competent substitute to finish the work he started.

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
          I doubt the OP did anything as destructive to the client's systems. More like a plumber came to do a job as he was unloading his tools collapsed in you garden. Would you start threatening to sue him if he didn't finish the job? No you would just get another plumber and wish him well.

Comment

I doubt the OP did anything as destructive to the client's systems. More like a plumber came to do a job as he was unloading his tools collapsed in you garden. Would you start threatening to sue him if he didn't finish the job? No you would just get another plumber and wish him well.
            Nice job of completely missing some of the pertinent points out of your scenario like demanding payment and a contract making it about as useful as a chocolate fire guard.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Great analogy Unix, I was completely wrong and will now become your disciple
              FTFY

Comment

Unix - Your home here

HTH

Comment

Anyway.. Another issue is that the fact he had his sub refused so his clause his a sham. He has no evidence he wasn't under D&C or of MoO so he is IR35 caught.

Comment

Sue? Probably not, but pay for work not done? No way.

Even if I had other resources booked that I had to pay while standing idle because of the plumber dependency, I'd try to adjust the schedule first I'd probably not sue unless the loss was significant.

Your analogy is very poor (it's just a typical part of your forum trolling), but in reality in this situation as the client I'd not be interested in signing off a timesheet and the Agency could probably counter sue for losses if the OP took it to court.

The OP would be wise to simply walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Anyway.. Another issue is that the fact he had his sub refused so his clause his a sham. He has no evidence he wasn't under D&C or of MoO so he is IR35 caught.
                      Oh dear, not his day is it, he is ill, might get sued by his agent and is IR35 caught. Who's going to to do a bad luck Brian meme.

Comment

Working...
                      X