• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What wording do different agencies use for their opt-outs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What wording do different agencies use for their opt-outs?

Has an agency supplied you with the wording for opting-out of the conduct regulations?

Is the opt out wording explicit or ambiguous?
    Do they have a standard form or do they vary it?
    Is there any coercion in the presentation?
    Is it a separate opt-out document or combined with other contractual matters?

It would be interesting to see actual examples of how different agencies present their opt-outs.

Originally posted by Sympatico View Post
    Has an agency supplied you with the wording for opting-out of the conduct regulations?

It would be interesting to see actual examples of how different agencies present their opt-outs.
    You first...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Yes

Explicit

They vary it

Not in the presentation, because that would be very very silly. But in the negotiation to get to that point, yes, and in the negotiation and contract wording once declined, yes.

It varies.

I doubt that, really - how many different ways can you say "You are opted out"?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The only way an Opt Out can be definitely effective and avoiding any interpretation of "Introduction" is if you include the opt out statement, saying both you and YourCo do not with the Regs to apply to any engagement between you and the agency, with your initial application for the role. Assuming, of course, you do want to opt out.

So on that basis, who gives a stuff what the agency wording is? By the time you get it, it's too late to be of any use.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          You first...
          Sorry to be shy - (I am in a delicate legal position and waiting advice)

My interest is as a newbie who was advised, for IR35 reasons, to sign an opt out which I believed to be of the AWR and which after a quick review made sense (albeit that one does not need to opt out of the AWR). The actual opt-out clause referred to the Agency Employment Regulations. The agent's website had an AWR guide but no mention anywhere of the Conduct Regs

It was much later that I came across the Conduct Regs and a quick review of those told me I would certainly not chose to opt out. Also had I known at the time the effect of the opt out on the contract I would not have opted out

Comment

I had agency try that in me a couple of years ago.

I didn't sign it pointing out the clause was ambiguous and the agent must be "confused".

Didn't get the role but didn't care as got another.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I didn't sign it pointing out the clause was ambiguous .
              Good move. Unfortunately, in my case I no had idea there was any ambiguity until the following year.

Comment

Working...
              X