• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offer of New Contract for Completely Different Role & Worried I'll be Out of My Depth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glencky View Post
    Yeah, I'd intended to mention the rate, too - it's not really a PM rate but it's higher, I assume, than the OP would get in PMO role. So all in all it sounds like it could work out well for everyone. OP gets to dip a toe in the water of PMing (pretty unusual opportunity for a contractor, I'd say) and ClientCo gets somebody for cheaper than they usually would, who nonetheless is keen and can (hopefully!) do the job. It might all go wrong, but with the lines of communication open, the impact of that can be managed.
    I'm with you Glencky - sounds like everyone's a winner - opportunity for contractor, client sees potential and both sides get a bargain. In the same shoes, I would go for it.

Comment

I don't know actually if I'd take the contract now. After his initial mistake, I wouldn't be surprised if the OP had to work with a worried client constantly checking his moves.

Comment

Working...
      X