• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working Practices pass, but contract is a fail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And (apart from walking away from a contract*), this is your problem how?

(*In the same position I'd do exactly the same as you btw.)
    I gave them an alternative declaration which they're going to allow me to sign, but I find their tactics very heavy handed and downright despicable. I just told the client about their behavior and they were less than impressed, I'm guessing they just like being told by me that I am not going to put up with their tulipe.

Even the QDOS review flagged the declaration as being absolute junk, but no their employment lawyers know better. Hmmm if it's on the gov.uk site in black and white how is it open to that type of interpretation
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Hmmm - so you sign that and blow your right of substitution because everyone has to be a director or owns more than 5% of your company.
      Exactly and to be fair I believe he had no idea what he was talking about, either that or he was spinning it like a politician.
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
        Exactly and to be fair I believe he had no idea what he was talking about, either that or he was spinning it like a politician.
        You can safely assume both.

As we've all seen agents have no clue, they just have processes to follow and odds are they get reduced commissions if people won't sign the ripoff terms, absurd declarations and comedy contracts.
        Not like as a group they're famous for truthfulness.

Comment

The old "well every contractor signs it and you're the first one whos ever had an issue" argument.

Same old every time....
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X