• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oddball contractor (not me, but a close relative) & mortgages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oddball contractor (not me, but a close relative) & mortgages

A close relative is going to need a contractor type mortgage (the banks consider him a contractor due to the way he works) very shortly, who are the contractor related brokers on CUK that people have used?

I need to make some serious enquiries and explore options.

I've used freelancer financials for three mortgages now. Ask for John or Ken. I've also phoned them a number of times asking questions that didn't end in any business for them but were still happy to help. Happy to recommend them.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I've used freelancer financials for three mortgages now. Ask for John or Ken. I've also phoned them a number of times asking questions that didn't end in any business for them but were still happy to help. Happy to recommend them.
      How much do they charge?

Comment

I used ian @easystreet. co.uk. Was happy with the service. The cost was approx £300 per mortgage I believe, but I'd check that with them.

Comment

I just went to my bank (Yorkshire Bank) and said I wanted a flexible 'mortgage.' They gave me one after a quick 'interview' and looking over the company accounts.

There's lots of stuff you can do yourself without bothering with brokers.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            I just went to my bank (Yorkshire Bank) and said I wanted a flexible 'mortgage.' They gave me one after a quick 'interview' and looking over the company accounts.

Indeed and I have my own Mortgage with Yorkshire, but as I said it's not just a contractor product that's needed, it's a good bit more complex. I've put him in touch with a few of the recommended brokers.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

That's because you were (luckily) able to sort your mortgage on the basis of your trading accounts, so YBS assessed you as self-employed, rather than as a contractor.

For many that won't work as they're either borrowing more than their salary/dividends/net profit allows, or they haven't got the required 2/3 yrs of books.

Comment

Working...
              X