• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In this weather do we needs to wear tie & suit for interview..?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this weather do we needs to wear tie & suit for interview..?

Yesterday temperature reached 36+, in this weather do we need to wear tie and suit for interviews..?? Especially in central London where we need to travel on tube.

Anyone tried different dress code for interviews recently? How the client responded..?

thanks

Smart but no tie for me. Only a problem when I was contracted to a large retailer in Bradford who are still in the dark ages.
    Blood in your poo

Comment

Wear Suit and Tie and ask if you can remove jacket during interview.

Actually I was joking. You can wear a thong or mankini.

HTH

Comment

Always wear a suit and tie, top button done up, shoes polished. If you can't do your top button up, buy a new shirt.

Why take a chance on what may be your only chance to impress? It may not be important to you, but it may well be to the client.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
          Yesterday temperature reached 36+, in this weather do we need to wear tie and suit for interviews..?? Especially in central London where we need to travel on tube.

Anyone tried different dress code for interviews recently? How the client responded..?

thanks
          Put tie and jacket on when you get there. I'll assume they have aircon in the office, if not I wouldn't want to work there!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
            Yesterday temperature reached 36+, in this weather do we need to wear tie and suit for interviews..??
            In this weather, I'm normally in shorts and a t-shirt for an interview. But I've not done a face to face interview for seven years.

If I had to do face-to-face, then yes - wear suit and tie for the interview. Suit and tie for day one on the job. Then relax the dress code as appropriate.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Bozwell View Post
              Put tie and jacket on when you get there. I'll assume they have aircon in the office, if not I wouldn't want to work there!
              +1.

I usually skip the tie anyway and wear a decent suit and open neck shirt. Still looks smart and I have a beard and "unconventional" hair anyway so if they are going to be put of by anything, it would be that
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Put on the tie and jacket when you get to the interview. Suit up again for the first day of the contract. After that, dress like everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  +1.

I usually skip the tie anyway and wear a decent suit and open neck shirt. Still looks smart and I have a beard and girls hair anyway so if they are going to be put of by anything, it would be that
                  FTFY
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

And for the love of god do not ever wear a short sleeved shirt!
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X