• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ARM recruitment agenc - need two references and details straight upon registration :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARM recruitment agenc - need two references and details straight upon registration :)

So a guy calls me up from ARM Technical Recruitment, an agency, and says they have an old copy of my CV with them and checks the usual stuff with me - what is my current work situation etc.
    Then asks if they can have a copy of my up to date CV.

I thought it was ok to just update my cv with them, and send out my CV to that guy, and soon after... i receive an email from a something like "no-reply @ ARM" email id an email to confirm receipt of my cv, and with a note to say i have agreed to their terms/conditions of registering my CV with them.

Now, i quickly look at the terms, and it says, upon "registration" of my cv in their database, I am "obliged" to immediately give them names, addresses - full details and telephone numbers, of 2 referees for me.

Pardon me??

Two referee details so they can call up straight away, upon just registering my CV?????

I never give out my references details until i have a job offer on table.

So i am thinking should i send an email to them formally saying i don't want my CV to be registered with them since i don't accept their terms for updating CV with them?
    Or should i just ignore?

I have heard of agents asking for this over phone , but never heard of any company making it an "obligation" to submit these details by simply submitting a CV.

How ridiculous of them to ask for references details simply upon registering a CV?
    No role discussed, nothing.
    In fact it was a usual fishing call from their own staff requesting for an up to date CV.

Strange agency world

Tell them to remove your CV and that you don't agree to their Ts&Cs.

They contacted you.

They've harvested your details from LinkedIn/Tinder.

Tell them they can contact you when they find a role.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Give them two agents from other agencies........if you can be bothered

Comment

Had a couple of contracts through them. Never been asked for references except after I've had an offer and even then they are more than happy to take the details of the Agents I have worked through.

Comment

Also had contracts through a few times, always been ok tbh, paid on time etc - never been for refs by them either - maybe it's a new thing.
          Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
            So a guy calls me up from ARM Technical Recruitment, an agency, and says they have an old copy of my CV with them and checks the usual stuff with me - what is my current work situation etc.
            Then asks if they can have a copy of my up to date CV.

I thought it was ok to just update my cv with them, and send out my CV to that guy, and soon after... i receive an email from a something like "no-reply @ ARM" email id an email to confirm receipt of my cv, and with a note to say i have agreed to their terms/conditions of registering my CV with them.

Now, i quickly look at the terms, and it says, upon "registration" of my cv in their database, I am "obliged" to immediately give them names, addresses - full details and telephone numbers, of 2 referees for me.

Pardon me??

Two referee details so they can call up straight away, upon just registering my CV?????

I never give out my references details until i have a job offer on table.

So i am thinking should i send an email to them formally saying i don't want my CV to be registered with them since i don't accept their terms for updating CV with them?
            Or should i just ignore?

I have heard of agents asking for this over phone , but never heard of any company making it an "obligation" to submit these details by simply submitting a CV.

How ridiculous of them to ask for references details simply upon registering a CV?
            No role discussed, nothing.
            In fact it was a usual fishing call from their own staff requesting for an up to date CV.

Strange agency world
            You did see the 87 page sticky at the top of this very forum talking about this?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I got a call from ARM ealier today. Asking where I was working. I said I can't say. He said 'top secret is it?'.

Yes it is you cretin

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
                I got a call from ARM ealier today. Asking where I was working. I said I can't say. He said 'top secret is it?'.

Yes it is you cretin
                I've started saying "yes - i'm afraid I'm under a non disclosure agreement"

Comment

These mails seem to get triggered when you upload your CV to one of the job boards.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I've received it as well, having just re-uploaded my CV to jobsite. Not bothered to read the attached T&C doc. Buffoons.

Subject: ARM Terms and Conditions

Dear ...,

Thank you for your CV**.

Please find attached our standard Terms and Conditions for Work Seekers,
                    which we are legally obliged to supply to you, for your review.
                    Registration with ARM confirms your acceptance of these.

**If you have not sent your CV directly to us, then we may have sourced
                    it from an online CV database.

Kind regards,

ARM
                    IT, Engineering & Business - Recruitment, Training & Consultancy
                    Making successful people

Comment

Working...
                    X