• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Notice period?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    This.

"I've given my word, and my contract finishes 24 December. That's eight business days after your project is scheduled to start. I can't leave my client in the lurch, just like I wouldn't do that to you once I'm in contract with you. So I'd like to take this, but I can't start until after Christmas.

As the project winds down, I'll ask if they could get by without me for the last eight days, and if they were agreeable I'd leave early and start here on the 14th. But if they need me to finish it out, I'll have to do that."
    Thanks WordIsBond, Jbond007, LondonManc, MrMarkyMark & Kaiser78 - that's the approach I was going to take, and in this case I believe my client will be flexible. It's a permenant role on offer, coming from a short term contract that our team has been ahead of schedule on. I'm sure they'll be open to a conversation on the subject. There is no harm is asking.

As to the less polite and constructive faux Alphas here; I'll let you go back to your playground now to play with your balls. As you were gentlemen. <mod snip>
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 24 September 2015, 12:16. Reason: No winking in the professional forums

Comment

Originally posted by EMA View Post
      Thanks WordIsBond, Jbond007, LondonManc, MrMarkyMark & Kaiser78 - that's the approach I was going to take, and in this case I believe my client will be flexible. It's a permenant role on offer, coming from a short term contract that our team has been ahead of schedule on. I'm sure they'll be open to a conversation on the subject. There is no harm is asking.

As to the less polite and constructive faux Alphas here; I'll let you go back to your playground now to play with your balls. As you were gentlemen. <mod snip>
      NLUK is a Yorkshire chap and as such, brutally honest. We also have people that just come on and post without searching, which really grinds his gears. Quite understandably I suppose.

Anyway, if they want to take you on a short term contract to perm, offer to keep the same perm start date if that suits them but shorten the short term contract.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
      X