• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of America Merrill Lynch Contractor rate cut

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

funny, no cuts here, must be doing something right

Comment

Originally posted by thelastrosbif View Post
      funny, no cuts here, must be doing something right
      Like not reading your emails
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Best part is when you accept the cut and start looking for a new contract. A few weeks later hand in your notice and they blacklist you because you're walking out mid contract.

Comment

My current client did it a couple of months (Bank in Manchester) ago but is not on that website. I was exempt though

Comment

Originally posted by Daventry View Post
            Best part is when you accept the cut and start looking for a new contract. A few weeks later hand in your notice and they blacklist you because you're walking out mid contract.
            Two places this has happened to me had a no notice contract as they had been obviously burned by this is the past.

Comment

Originally posted by allaboutthebenjis View Post
              My current client did it a couple of months (Bank in Manchester) ago but is not on that website. I was exempt though
              Well mail the site and tell them. They can only put on what they hear and can't always be proactive.

Comment

Rate cuts, furloughs certainly don't happen for all.

I have never had a furlough, or even being asked, even though others have at the same IB client co.
                My friend has dodged both, over the years, even though others have been subject to both at his IB client co.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Well mail the site and tell them. They can only put on what they hear and can't always be proactive.
                  The last bank I worked for me made me redundant from permanent job. I think I might just email that site out of spite for my last job. How do they check?

Comment

Out of interest, would a rate cut like this be good for IR35?

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
                      Out of interest, would a rate cut like this be good for IR35?
                      I don't think it would make any difference.

Although the (failed) business entity tests did have the brilliant "Client Risk Test" whereby if you were unable to recover over 10% of turnover due to non payment you were should obviously score highly... rather than being considered rubbish at risk management!

Comment

Working...
                      X