• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency referral bonus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency referral bonus

You will probably know those agencies always saying we will pay you £500 or whatever amount for a successful referral. Anyone here actually ever received such a referral payment? I never refer anyone as I'm 100% convinced they will never ever pay this, if there is a role and I know someone who might be available and suitable I just let that person know, but never the agency. Am I missing out on cash here?

I referred an ex-colleague (after making my colleague aware I was doing it) once but they argued they already had his CV so wasn't a new referral. Spoke to my colleague later and the one they had was 4 years out of date. Can't win sometimes.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      You will probably know those agencies always saying we will pay you £500 or whatever amount for a successful referral. Anyone here actually ever received such a referral payment? I never refer anyone as I'm 100% convinced they will never ever pay this, if there is a role and I know someone who might be available and suitable I just let that person know, but never the agency. Am I missing out on cash here?
      I have done this and they will give what ever excuse they can come up with not to pay you anything.

I always get an excuse and then they try to sweeten the blow by saying we will take you out for lunch/drink (to somewhere nice).

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I referred an ex-colleague (after making my colleague aware I was doing it) once but they argued they already had his CV so wasn't a new referral. Spoke to my colleague later and the one they had was 4 years out of date. Can't win sometimes.
        Similar thing happened to me once, CBA with chasing referral bonuses ever since. I wonder if this can even hamper the chances of the person you are referring as successful placement is usually a condition and the greedy bitches might drop him/her if they have other suitable candidates, only to avoid paying the referral fee.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          My CV has been sent to probably every relevant agency in the country over the past 8 years or so and my guess is that's the same with most contractors.

Comment

I got a massive hamper from Fortnum and mason when I referred someone last Christmas
            It was lovely
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I was asked to refer someone for a role I rejected once and was promised £250 on signing of the contracts.

Obviously, it didn't materialise (cause agents lie !). Hassled the f**k out of them for six months and eventually got £250 in Virgin vouchers (when they still had shops).

As my old granny used to say, it's not the principle, it's the money.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Nope. That's why I tell agents I never refer anyone because you never effing pay up!
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by fizzy View Post
                  I have done this and they will give what ever excuse they can come up with not to pay you anything.

I always get an excuse and then they try to sweeten the blow by saying we will take you out for lunch/drink (to somewhere nice).
                  Lunch with an agent. That's the kind of gift money can't buy.

Comment

Yes, received a large sums worth of M&S vouchers - the missus was happy.

GE

Comment

Working...
                    X