• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How is the contracting world in the UK ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the contracting world in the UK ?

Hi folks,
    As I might be relocate in UK (London) in the next few months , I wish I could have some feedbacks about the market statut in the ETL/DWH/BI especially in PLSQL/ODI/OBIEE with 5+ years experience.
    I currently work in Paris as a Contractor (Ltd company) through agency so I decided to maybe move on in London after the termination (end of this year).
    Is it easy to form Ltd company in UK for foreigner (French) ? And from what I can read on the site , is it worth it to do it so with these laws coming off next year ?
    Or Is it better for me to start by umbrella or permanent ?

Thanks .

Cheers guys !

Originally posted by Clement View Post
    Hi folks,
    As I might be relocate in UK (London) in the next few months , I wish I could have some feedbacks about the market statut in the ETL/DWH/BI especially in PLSQL/ODI/OBIEE with 5+ years experience.
    I currently work in Paris as a Contractor (Ltd company) through agency so I decided to maybe move on in London after the termination (end of this year).
    Is it easy to form Ltd company in UK for foreigner (French) ? And from what I can read on the site , is it worth it to do it so with these laws coming off next year ?

Thanks .

Cheers guys !
    Do you read any of the links on CUK, I call sockie...

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      Do you read any of the links on CUK, I call sockie...
      And from what I can read on the site

Comment

Sorry Clement, I thought that you would get better responses than this.

It would be better for you to use an umbrella. Set up a Ltd once you know that you can find work here.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hi folks,

Thanks .

Cheers guys !
          If the reason for your relocation is contracting in the UK, I would suggest do one more gig in Paris until April next year. By then you will have some more clarity with regard to the new legalisation thing and reassess your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by raphal View Post
            If the reason for your relocation is contracting in the UK, I would suggest do one more gig in Paris until April next year. By then you will have some more clarity with regard to the new legalisation thing and reassess your decision.
            Thanks . I actually want to live in UK not just for contracting so I guess I will just start by an Umbrella as cojak said or maybe contracting with my French Ltd in UK if it's possible ...

Comment

Thanks . I actually want to live in UK not just for contracting so I guess I will just start by an Umbrella as cojak said or maybe contracting with my French Ltd in UK if it's possible ...
              This may prove complicated with both UK and FR taxes. As Cojak says, if you're just testing the water use a brolly. There are big changes to contracting on the horizon so I'd keep it as simple as possible for the short term.

Comment

Working...
              X