• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barc at the moon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barc at the moon

Former colleague tells me that Barclays are outsourcing all their Run The Bank operation to TCS and that they've appled a 2 year rule on contractors.

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
    Former colleague tells me that Barclays are outsourcing all their Run The Bank operation to TCS and that they've appled a 2 year rule on contractors.
    That's going to go well then.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Time to close any Barclays accounts you may have.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

A lot of banks have a 2 year rule, however, this is easily enough extended should they want you longer
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          A lot of banks have a 2 year rule, however, this is easily enough extended should they want you longer
          That is so 2014! Times are getting tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            That is so 2014! Times are getting tougher.
            Agreed, but there is always exceptions to everything.
            I'm even having my first mandatory(?) furlough this Christmas

Just coming to the end of a 3.5 regulatory program, its been emotional
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Agreed, but there is always exceptions to everything.
              I'm even having my first mandatory(?) furlough this Christmas

Just coming to the end of a 3.5 regulatory program, its been emotional
              JPM have a 1 year rule.

They used to have 3 rules - 2 year, 3 year and 10 year.

I knew a couple who got to 6 years. One guy got to 10 years. But even he did not make it beyond 10.

Comment

JPM have a 1 year rule.

I knew a couple who got to 6 years. One guy got to 10 years. But even he did not make it beyond 10.
                Never suffered under JPM

If this was Top Trumps...........

I raise you, someone here......25 years

They booted him out last year, then had to get him back after 3 weeks, for another 3 months
                He's now, back again, working on another project.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

JPM have a 1 year rule.

Never suffered under JPM

If this was Top Trumps...........

I raise you, someone here......25 years

They booted him out last year, then had to get him back after 3 weeks, for another 3 months
                  He's now, back again, working on another project.
                  Good grief!

No wonder Hector wants to tax you all like the disguised permies that you are. 25 years???? Hell, even 5 years???? Continuous, in the same place? AYSYCOTBAC?

I've never had a contract last longer than 12 months (and I have been offered extensions beyond that, but refused them on general principal - even if it meant going on the bench) and most are either 3 or 6 months (with a possible single extension).

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                    Good grief!

No wonder Hector wants to tax you all like the disguised permies that you are. 25 years???? Hell, even 5 years???? Continuous, in the same place? AYSYCOTBAC?

I've never had a contract last longer than 12 months (and I have been offered extensions beyond that, but refused them on general principal - even if it meant going on the bench) and most are either 3 or 6 months (with a possible single extension).
                    Indeed.

However, I don't understand the refusing an extension on "general principle", banking programs can last a lot longer than 12 months.

Duration, certainly, doesn't make you a permie tractor, as once a regulatory program has delivered, for example, there will never be an interest in retaining the headcount, as the budget will have been depleted.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X