• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Making the Leap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Their is some grate advise on they're about grammer and punctuation has well you now.
    FTFY....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      FTFY....
      Boltonites. Can't live with 'em, can't get rid of 'em.....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        That sort of statement makes me realise why I come across contractors with no skills these days.
        Over the past few years I've seen more and more inexperienced contractors. It's very frustrating for the guys who take pride in what they do as a professional contractor and do it well above the standard that the permies do.

A tech lead contractor on my recent project told me that he'd never used Visio and therefore couldn't do a simple architecture diagram

I told him he had 24hrs to learn !

Comment

Originally posted by silverlight1 View Post
          Over the past few years I've seen more and more inexperienced contractors. It's very frustrating for the guys who take pride in what they do as a professional contractor and do it well above the standard that the permies do.

A tech lead contractor on my recent project told me that he'd never used Visio and therefore couldn't do a simple architecture diagram

Comes from clients paying tulip rates, I mean 250-300 quid a day in London for a senior dev = you will get either a blagger or a bob.

Comment

U think that's bad?

A tech lead contractor on my recent project told me that he'd never used Visio and therefore couldn't do a simple architecture diagram !
            I know of an IT auditor who doesn't know how to convert a csv file to Excel

Comment

WTF....are you serious...

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
                With regard to contracting, you come across as obsessively risk averse. The OP wouldn't be posting their thread if they didn't think they could handle contracting. If they're on the fence about jumping, then why not encourage it? It's a risky and tricky business but it's not that difficult. Are you sure you can handle the stress of contracting? You seem to go to great lengths to have every detail analysed and thought through. Contracting isn't rocket science. Let the OP go for it.
                Cos NUK always tries to put off any new competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Danglekt View Post
                  Cos NUK always tries to put off any new competition.
                  These guys? Competition?? Give me a break. Lol...

Most of them.. including the guy you quoted probably don't have much idea of what it is except for sitting at a client desk working.
                  Last edited by northernladuk; 29 December 2015, 11:39.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X