• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Payment terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7656 View Post
    This is the first contract (6 months term). The role is - IT Consultant (Tier 4).

Umm, what's a Tier 4 consultant

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
      Umm, what's a Tier 4 consultant
      Good question. Normally T1 = support desk, T2 = 2nd line support. Never heard of T4. Suspect it's either client specific, or made up by agent.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Good question. Normally T1 = support desk, T2 = 2nd line support. Never heard of T4. Suspect it's either client specific, or made up by agent.
        Made up I think

Hmm, what's wrong the old ways of 1st line, 2nd line, 3rd line, consultant. Using Tier X surely just confuses it with the Tier 2 visa thingymajig?? Which begs the question if there is a Tier 1 visa?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Saw this at BT a long time ago. T1 / T2 as above (LAN, Switches, CPE), T3 Strong CCNA-CCNP (Config/NOC stuff), T4 CCIE (Design Authority, tulip hits the fan support)

But we are talking nearly 2 decades ago ....

Comment

Back then the CCIE's commanded a decent rate, until everyone jumped on the bandwagon and started becoming CCIE/JNCIE, the rate has been diluted. I had a gig at EE 3 years back and a permie qualified as CCIE and wanted to go contracting and the best he could command was £400/day

Comment

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
              Back then the CCIE's commanded a decent rate, until everyone jumped on the bandwagon and started becoming CCIE/JNCIE, the rate has been diluted. I had a gig at EE 3 years back and a permie qualified as CCIE and wanted to go contracting and the best he could command was £400/day
              Which isn't bad for buggering about with cables and boxes and stuff.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Made up I think

Hmm, what's wrong the old ways of 1st line, 2nd line, 3rd line, consultant. Using Tier X surely just confuses it with the Tier 2 visa thingymajig?? Which begs the question if there is a Tier 1 visa?
                There is! Tier 1 Entrepreneur, Tier 1 Investor and Tier 1 Exceptional Talent. Tier 1 General and Tier 1 Post Study Work are both closed now.

There's Tier 4 Student and Tier 5 Temporary Work as well.

Wonder why no Tier 3?

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                  Saw this at BT a long time ago. T1 / T2 as above (LAN, Switches, CPE), T3 Strong CCNA-CCNP (Config/NOC stuff), T4 CCIE (Design Authority, tulip hits the fan support)

But we are talking nearly 2 decades ago ....
                  I'm disappointed with BT, surely this should have been Layer 1\Layer2, Layer 3 etc

Comment

I'm disappointed with BT, surely this should have been Layer 1\Layer2, Layer 3 etc
                    No, we couldn't remember that. It was Please Do Not Throw Sausage Pizza Away.

Comment

Wow that sucks. I always demand my invoices to be paid within 7 days, evey 7 days of timesheet approval. No? NEEEXT!

Comment

Working...
                      X