• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

very tricky situation...!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very tricky situation...!!!

tricky situation...but how could I exploit it...???

I was waiting to sign new contract, but by mistake pimp to client contract mailed to me instead of my ltd company contract!!. Now I can see around 20% margin is taken on my contract. When I asked agency they said they have 'open book' policy with client. I have direct contact with client manager and talked to him directly many times when I couldn't get prompt response from the pimp recently. He too calls me if any response needed urgently.

What should I do...??? How could I exploit this situation best way to my advantage ..?? Any one faced similar sitn..? What all are my options here...?

I understand 20% is at the higher end of commission...?? We are talking here about a global telecom client and pimps also claims to be a 'global enterprise'.
    Last edited by Darren_Test; 15 January 2016, 10:04.

Try.......negotiating with the agency.

Be prepared to walk though, if you are serious about it.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Try.......negotiating with the agency.

Be prepared to walk though, if you are serious about it.
      ...saying 'I know you are taking bigger share of the pie..???' now his argument is numbers got wrong as well!!

Comment

+1, Tell the pimp you're happy with 10% otherwise you will flounce

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
          +1, Tell the pimp you're happy with 10% otherwise you will flounce
          For lessons in flouncing contact Suity. HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
            tricky situation...but how could I exploit it...???

I was waiting to sign new contract, but by mistake pimp to client contract mailed to me instead of my ltd company contract!!. Now I can see around 20% margin is taken on my contract. When I asked agency they said they have 'open book' policy with client. I have direct contact with client manager and talked to him directly many times when I couldn't get prompt response from the pimp recently. He too calls me if any response needed urgently.

What should I do...??? How could I exploit this situation best way to my advantage ..?? Any one faced similar sitn..? What all are my options here...?

I understand 20% is at the higher end of commission...?? We are talking here about a global telecom client and pimps also claims to be a 'global enterprise'.
            if it's a renewal, which you seem to be implying, then I'd argue the case that the pimp didn't have to do any work for this contract, so you want to reduce his share......but they won't be happy so be prepared to play hardball and walk or take the current contract if you have to

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
              For lessons in finishing contracts early, involuntarily, contact Suity. HTH.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by moneymoney View Post
                if it's a renewal, which you seem to be implying, then I'd argue the case that the pimp didn't have to do any work for this contract, so you want to reduce his share......but they won't be happy so be prepared to play hardball and walk or take the current contract if you have to

Its not a renewal...new contract, I took £100 cut in rate from last one!!.

Comment

I am expecting a call from client manager soon...Can I raise this with him..??? after all pimp claims to have 'open book policy' with client. So......

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
                    I am expecting a call from client manager soon...Can I raise this with him..??? after all pimp claims to have 'open book policy' with client. So......
                    As I said you have these conversations with the agent.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X