Contractor PM rates Contractor PM rates - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21

    Contractor Among Contractors

    clearedforlanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Found myself. Still lost.
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer View Post
    You got 9 interviews on 130 leads with clientco or talks with agencies? If with clientco...wow wish had such a hit ratio.
    You need to up your game. Do you:

    Are you selective in what you apply for?
    Call the agency agency to qualify role exists?
    Do you get them to send a jobspec?
    Do you agree a time to call them back once you have tailored your CV to jobspec?

    If you are confident the role exists (no 2 references flags etc) -

    Do you tailor the CV sent to to agent and immediately call them to walk them through it, emphasising any key & relevant attributes that you believe should be put in the cover letter?
    Do you ask for written confirmation that you have been submitted?

    Gixxer's conversion ratio is good for the current market, but not stellar when compare to the days of old when IMI conbversion was hovering around 3:1

  2. #22

    Still gathering requirements...

    gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    You need to up your game. Do you:

    Are you selective in what you apply for?
    Call the agency agency to qualify role exists?
    Do you get them to send a jobspec?
    Do you agree a time to call them back once you have tailored your CV to jobspec?

    If you are confident the role exists (no 2 references flags etc) -

    Do you tailor the CV sent to to agent and immediately call them to walk them through it, emphasising any key & relevant attributes that you believe should be put in the cover letter?
    Do you ask for written confirmation that you have been submitted?

    Gixxer's conversion ratio is good for the current market, but not stellar when compare to the days of old when IMI conbversion was hovering around 3:1
    thanks Clearedforlanding, however that was Cirrus CV sent/interviews ratio..I am not that good. Actually I always worked directly and my approach/contract rate has been rather good, not that clever with agencies apparently.

  3. #23

    Super poster

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    I'm a PM and in my field rates are definitely on the rise. From 500, to 550 and this week offered the chance of an interview at 700. Very few people with strong skills in my field so once an agency knows you and trusts you they will come to you for those good gigs. It might take a few 'cheaper' gigs first, but make a name for yourself and the work will be there.

    I extended my current contract this week already, so had to turn down the chance at the 700 But this will keep my current agent happy as I haven't walked out on current contract. And to keep the other agent happy I gave them a lead of someone else who might be up for their gig.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

  4. #24

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer View Post
    thanks Clearedforlanding, however that was Cirrus CV sent/interviews ratio..I am not that good. Actually I always worked directly and my approach/contract rate has been rather good, not that clever with agencies apparently.
    You will learn.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  5. #25

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Cirrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rural Rutland
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer View Post
    You got 9 interviews on 130 leads with clientco or talks with agencies?
    5.2 months
    132 approaches to agencies (all with relevant CV support)
    16 submissions/puts (agent says they are passing my details to client)
    9 interview offers (I cancelled a £365 in Cardiff)

    Compared to my average this was :

    Duration 138%
    Leads 132%
    Puts 123%
    Interviews 200%
    Rates £270 - £725

    These figures are distorted because the most recent month produced more puts and interviews than the total of the previous 4, so the market may well have perked up a lot.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

  6. #26

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Since we're sharing:

    2 months
    93 approaches to agencies (all with relevant CV support)
    6 approaches direct to customers
    22 agency submissions (agent says they are passing my details to client)
    10 First round interviews
    5 Second round interviews
    1 joker who did 3rd, 4th and 5th round interviews
    0 offers

    Rates £400 - £550

  7. #27

    Banned


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moneymoney View Post
    probably depends where you are and in the industry

    in London working in finance, getting £500+ still for PM role
    In Telecom it's a little bit less and it's also decreasing. I think the main reason is the offer that is coming outside EU with lower salaries.

  8. #28

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    29,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bee View Post
    In Telecom it's a little bit less and it's also decreasing. I think the main reason is the offer that is coming outside EU with lower salaries.
    Cheap, Working or Quick? Pick two.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •