• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor PM rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gixxer View Post
    You got 9 interviews on 130 leads with clientco or talks with agencies? If with clientco...wow wish had such a hit ratio.
    You need to up your game. Do you:

Are you selective in what you apply for?
    Call the agency agency to qualify role exists?
    Do you get them to send a jobspec?
    Do you agree a time to call them back once you have tailored your CV to jobspec?

If you are confident the role exists (no 2 references flags etc) -

Do you tailor the CV sent to to agent and immediately call them to walk them through it, emphasising any key & relevant attributes that you believe should be put in the cover letter?
    Do you ask for written confirmation that you have been submitted?

Gixxer's conversion ratio is good for the current market, but not stellar when compare to the days of old when IMI conbversion was hovering around 3:1

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
      You need to up your game. Do you:

Are you selective in what you apply for?
      Call the agency agency to qualify role exists?
      Do you get them to send a jobspec?
      Do you agree a time to call them back once you have tailored your CV to jobspec?

If you are confident the role exists (no 2 references flags etc) -

Do you tailor the CV sent to to agent and immediately call them to walk them through it, emphasising any key & relevant attributes that you believe should be put in the cover letter?
      Do you ask for written confirmation that you have been submitted?

Gixxer's conversion ratio is good for the current market, but not stellar when compare to the days of old when IMI conbversion was hovering around 3:1
      thanks Clearedforlanding, however that was Cirrus CV sent/interviews ratio..I am not that good. Actually I always worked directly and my approach/contract rate has been rather good, not that clever with agencies apparently.

Comment

I'm a PM and in my field rates are definitely on the rise. From 500, to 550 and this week offered the chance of an interview at 700. Very few people with strong skills in my field so once an agency knows you and trusts you they will come to you for those good gigs. It might take a few 'cheaper' gigs first, but make a name for yourself and the work will be there.

I extended my current contract this week already, so had to turn down the chance at the 700 But this will keep my current agent happy as I haven't walked out on current contract. And to keep the other agent happy I gave them a lead of someone else who might be up for their gig.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

thanks Clearedforlanding, however that was Cirrus CV sent/interviews ratio..I am not that good. Actually I always worked directly and my approach/contract rate has been rather good, not that clever with agencies apparently.
          You will learn.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You got 9 interviews on 130 leads with clientco or talks with agencies?
            5.2 months
            132 approaches to agencies (all with relevant CV support)
            16 submissions/puts (agent says they are passing my details to client)
            9 interview offers (I cancelled a £365 in Cardiff)

Compared to my average this was :

Duration 138%
            Leads 132%
            Puts 123%
            Interviews 200%
            Rates £270 - £725

These figures are distorted because the most recent month produced more puts and interviews than the total of the previous 4, so the market may well have perked up a lot.
            "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Since we're sharing:

2 months
              93 approaches to agencies (all with relevant CV support)
              6 approaches direct to customers
              22 agency submissions (agent says they are passing my details to client)
              10 First round interviews
              5 Second round interviews
              1 joker who did 3rd, 4th and 5th round interviews
              0 offers

Rates £400 - £550

Comment

Originally posted by moneymoney View Post
                probably depends where you are and in the industry

in London working in finance, getting £500+ still for PM role
                In Telecom it's a little bit less and it's also decreasing. I think the main reason is the offer that is coming outside EU with lower salaries.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                  In Telecom it's a little bit less and it's also decreasing. I think the main reason is the offer that is coming outside EU with lower salaries.
                  Cheap, Working or Quick? Pick two.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X