• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Domain name TLD - which do you think is best?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Domain name TLD - which do you think is best?

Hi All,

I'm building myself a website which will host my consulting blog/about me/services/contact me etc.

I want to use my first name and second name, but unfortunately the .com has been taken.

Keen to get people's views on the following domain name ideas:

firstname-secondname.com
    firstname-secondname.co.uk

firstnamesecondname.co

firstnamesecondname.company
    firstnamesecondname.international

I've added a poll so please vote on the one that you think is best!

Thanks in advance!

Untouchable1
    firstname-secondname.com
    37.50%
    62.50%
    firstnamesecondname.co
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%

I would get as many as you can afford, even if you only use one (either a .com or a .co.uk) as the primary.

Out of curiosity, is this for your MyCo or a personal venture, if for MyCo are you sure you want it to scream one man band?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

www.yourcompanyname.com/blog

or

www.yourcompanyname.co.uk/blog
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Out of curiosity, is this for your MyCo or a personal venture, if for MyCo are you sure you want it to scream one man band?
        www.mycompanyname.com/associates

"content to be added later"
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          www.mycompanyname.com/associates

"content to be added later"
          I have

www.mycompanyname.com/engagements

And a list of Clients and a sentence or two on what we did for them, make it about what you are selling, not who is selling it

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Additional context:

I already have a company website which I'm happy with, but I want to go down the 'consultant/expert' path and feel that a website dedicated to me as a consultant would help my narcissistic self promotion efforts...

Thanks,
            Untouchable1

Comment

Originally posted by Untouchable1 View Post
              Additional context:

I already have a company website which I'm happy with, but I want to go down the 'consultant/expert' path and feel that a website dedicated to me as a consultant would help my narcissistic self promotion efforts...

Thanks,
              Untouchable1
              Why not put the focus and effort in from the company, make the company the expert and reap the rewards that come from that, I blog, through the company website, linked to my personal linkedin/twitter as well as the companies social media presence

Comment

I'd avoid any domain with a hyphen in it to be honest. Just doesn't roll off the tongue.
                "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                "See?"

Comment

Additional context:

Thanks,
                  Untouchable1
                  Create a blog as part of your company website. Doesn't even have to link to the main site immediately until you've figured out how you want to.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Hi All,

I'm building myself a website which will host my consulting blog/about me/services/contact me etc.

I want to use my first name and second name, but unfortunately the .com has been taken.

Keen to get people's views on the following domain name ideas:

firstname-secondname.com

firstnamesecondname.co

I've added a poll so please vote on the one that you think is best!

Thanks in advance!

Untouchable1
                    Why stop there? Look at this load of tulip.

How about .party AND .rehab?

https://newgtlds.icann.org/en/progra...egated-strings

Comment

Working...
                    X