• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pulling out of Contract after accepting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    There is no moral issue. You are a business. Not Claire Raynor. Turn down B and you might find that A cancels your contract at the last moment. Look after number one.

At the moment you don't even have the gig. Go to interview. It might never be an issue.
    This. Contract A might still not happen for some reason. Go to the interview with B and then (assuming B offers you the role) politely decline it only after you're already on site at A and invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      FTFY
      How does that relate to the poster's query? Didn't you get banned for this kind of thing before?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        There is no moral issue. You are a business. Not Claire Raynor. Turn down B and you might find that A cancels your contract at the last moment. Look after number one.

At the moment you don't even have the gig. Go to interview. It might never be an issue.
        +1 this

go to interview B, see how it goes. It's not impossible that A could cancel your contract before you even start so cover yourself until you are 100% sure and in the door of client A.

You only have a decision to make if B also offer you the role....if that happens, then deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Would this be a case of contractus interruptus?
          Didn't know the OP was a Catholic
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

If you have a bum on seat at Client A, cancel the interview with Client B, if not I would not have any objection to proceeding with Client B and turning them down when I start Client A, as offers can fall though right up to the last minute
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
              How does that relate to the poster's query? Didn't you get banned for this kind of thing before?
              It has as much to do with the Ops post as your contribution, where does he say he is in the Scottish contracting market, the rates are too high for a start....

Didn't you get banned for this kind of thing before?
              No.

HTH.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It has as much to do with the Ops post as your contribution, where does he say he is in the Scottish contracting market, the rates are too high for a start....

No.

HTH.
                He didn't. My point was about the size of market and the cost-risk analysis around burning bridges re: dumping a confirmed deal versus an interview.

SimonMac and moneymoney had the more precise "advise" however given the OP hadn't indicated if there was a start date yet.

Anyway that's a shame, you really should have been. For typos if nothing else.

Comment

Anyway that's a shame, you really should have been. For typos if nothing else.
                  Feel free to apply for Mod status then, you can then ban anyone that does not meet your high standards
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Feel free to apply for Mod status then, you can then ban anyone that does not meet your high standards
                    He has missed that boat. Just waiting for my status to be confirmed and then we are full.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      He has missed that boat. Just waiting for my status to be confirmed and then we are full.
                      I don't have the time for moderating. You'll make a good choice, though you'll need to rein it in a bit - isn't that going to be tough?

Comment

Working...
                      X