• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pulling out of Contract after accepting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I was talking about this part
    Doesn't matter.

The address is not a material factor so the rest of the contract still stands as accepted.

Companies can move addresses or change names during contracts.

However as the agent is thick I would see if they understand this.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

However you paint it, I believe you have still accepted contract A, signed or not.
      Hmmm, one for Solomon I think. Does the address invalidate the entire contract?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Doesn't matter.

The address is not a material factor so the rest of the contract still stands as accepted.

Companies can move addresses or change names during contracts.

However as the agent is thick I would see if they understand this.
        Totally agree.

What I was actually thinking, is that he believes this invalidates the contract, as he made a point that he has not accepted, the amended contract via a portal.
        I was, also, trying to point out the original signing still stands.

Maybe, I need a little lie down
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Totally agree.

What I was actually thinking, is that he believes this invalidates the contract, as he made a point that he has not accepted, the amended contract via a portal.
          I was, also, trying to point out the original signing still stands.

Maybe, I need a little lie down
          I think you're probably right on all counts.

Comment

What I was saying is that I have another contract with the correct address which the recruiter needs accepting.

I do understand that I had already accepted the original contract with the wrong address. There is no financial penalty for going back on the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudycontractor View Post
              What I was saying is that I have another contract with the correct address which the recruiter needs accepting.

I do understand that I had already accepted the original contract with the wrong address. There is no financial penalty for going back on the contract.
              worth checking the contract for a probation period, just to have it up your sleeve if they don't like that you have gone for the other contract.

I had this before as a permie where I accepted an offer, but then went for a different one. Agent wasn't very happy with me but as I was during my "probation" period where either party could give 1 weeks notice and my start date was 3 weeks ago, i just gave notice and there was nothing they could do. Agent said i'd never work for that company as a result, but 2 years later, there i was......

Comment

Working...
              X