• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two contracts at same time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    It only works if the contracts are asymmetric or you're going to sub some of the work. It should be obvious that you can't run multiple T&M contracts on your own when all clients expect your availability at similar times. However, it's certainly possible to run multiple contracts concurrently. I have one contract that has a mixture of T&M and fixed price and two fixed price contracts, all WFH. As long as you're expected to deliver within a particular timeframe, rather than have a bum on seat at particular times, it's doable. This is common sense stuff though.
    Not to greedy newbies it's not.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I just wanted to say I went for it. After looking at the project it was about a months worth of work which I could deliver. It should be done by end of the week. It was challenging balancing the two contracts but it was worth it, for the experience. For those thinking of dong this, you need to carefully evaluate the options as most of the times it may not be possible. But have to say the double billing will put a big chunk into the chest.

Comment

You got away with it then.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 21 March 2016, 16:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Einstein Jnr View Post
          After looking at the project it was about a months worth of work
          A key piece of information you didn't put in the original post, Junior. Yeah, you can probably pull something like this off for a month, maybe even two, if at least one of them is WFH. Congratulations. (Wondering how many latent bugs you have because you were tired, though. )

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
            A key piece of information you didn't put in the original post, Junior. Yeah, you can probably pull something like this off for a month, maybe even two, if at least one of them is WFH. Congratulations. (Wondering how many latent bugs you have because you were tired, though. )

I didn't have this info when posting my original post. It was only when I decided to take a closer look and understand what the client wants that I could gauge how long it would take me. Client was happy I came in shorter time than their estimate, I was happy as I still have a week of slack built in and I don't code so no bugs to be left behind

Comment

to find multiple clients..

I am not sure if this is right place, but, I will be applying to extend my work visa this October. For that application and to get the extension I need to prove Home Office that I am a legitimate Ltd director and worked with multiple clients with in last year. I am working for the same company for last 5 months now, and it seems like they will be asking for another extension to my contract, which will probably mean I will be working only with them until October.
              To convince home office I need to work for multiple contracts. I was searching for WFH, flexible hours roles, but my role is IT Business Analyst, which means it is nearly impossible to find any such contract.
              Apart from asking other contractors to exchange some "fake" invoices, I can't think of any solution to my problem.
              Can you help me to solve it, did you have a similar problem before?
              Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by aposto View Post
                I am not sure if this is right place, but, I will be applying to extend my work visa this October. For that application and to get the extension I need to prove Home Office that I am a legitimate Ltd director and worked with multiple clients with in last year. I am working for the same company for last 5 months now, and it seems like they will be asking for another extension to my contract, which will probably mean I will be working only with them until October.
                To convince home office I need to work for multiple contracts. I was searching for WFH, flexible hours roles, but my role is IT Business Analyst, which means it is nearly impossible to find any such contract.
                Apart from asking other contractors to exchange some "fake" invoices, I can't think of any solution to my problem.
                Thanks,
                Don't now the answer to your question, but this is a link to a great forum to ask these type of questions:
                Immigrationboards.com • Immigrationboards.com

Comment

Thanks,
                  Which visa are you on T1E? You shouldn't be contracting on a T1E as you cannot fulfill many of the renewal criteria. Employing people for one. Even your friends and all their workarounds on the Immigration boards know this.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Which visa are you on T1E? You shouldn't be contracting on a T1E as you cannot fulfill many of the renewal criteria. Employing people for one. Even your friends and all their workarounds on the Immigration boards know this.
                    @Eirikur; thanks I will check that forum, seems like a good one.

@northernladuk, it is ECAA business person visa. I can contract, in fact I am restricted to work as self-employed.

Comment

@northernladuk, it is ECAA business person visa. I can contract, in fact I am restricted to work as self-employed.
                      But you aren't. Oh dear....

Comment

Working...
                      X