• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ways on finding a new contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ways on finding a new contract

Hi everyone,

I wanted someone's advice on new methods of finding a contract in UK market, particulary in London. I've been on the bench for about a month now, and I've been trying following methods:
    1) Applying via jobserve, jobsite and indeed job sites
    2) Following up with the agencies next or the same day
    3) Tailoring the CV for every position
    4) Applying on individual agencies websites

Has anybody else tried something new, e.g reaching out via Linkedin or any other channels (maybe other good jobsites)?
    I guess I am just trying to see whether I've exhausted all my options on finding a new contract, and would really appreciate everyone's advice/contribution.

Thanks in advance.

I uploaded my CV to many of the job boards and was flooded with calls from agents. Many of the job specs that I was sent were never advertised on the jobs boards.

Comment

Have you looked at this similar thread? http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-contract.html
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
      X