• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Substituting myself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I've done it once, when I was direct to a client. Process I followed was:

1) I cleared it with the Programme Director first who, as a contractor himself was fine with it.

1) An agent I trusted found me someone he knew that was decent, and a good skill set match and introduced us.

2) I did a 1 week handover, both of us onsite, only my Ltd co billing for that week.

3) I continued to bill the client for the remaining duration of the contract.

4) Substitute Ltd co invoiced my Ltd Co.

5) This was nearly 10 years ago and I think there were some VAT issues with regards to flat rate scheme to sort out. SJD helped me out with what to do at the time.
    I did almost exactly the same, even down to the fixed rate vat issue which ended up costing me a few quid a day.

Again it was someone I knew already who was on the bench. We did a week's handover, billed for 5 days rather than 10, and split the the cash.

I continued billing the client, sub billed me. Agent slightly miffed but it was I the contract. Client had a choice of someone delivered to them including handover or having to go to market.

I carried on until my contract ended at which point the sub went direct to the agent.

Comment

Working...
    X