• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Spy - Legit or not?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got an e-mail from them. They are now charging £19.99 for the service

Comment

Contractor Spy

A company which makes money putting the contractor in touch with the client...

If only they had said it cuts out the agency, that would sound a awful lot like a, dare I say, Agency?

Comment

Contractor Spy

£29.99 now.......

Has anybody used them?

Comment

How strange the owner of contract spy also runs an IT recruitment agency.

So one business is telling you not to use his other business.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

It is just an another guy who is thinking that an online service he developed can return thousands to his debit without working 09:00 - 17:00. I received an email from this Contract Spy website today and then marked it as a spam. I am quite happy to work with agencies. Or there are clients out there can easily find me through LinkedIn for £0 per month.

Comment

Got an email from this company, they probably scrapped my email from cwjobs.
              Too good to be true, in my opinion, if what they say is genuinely going to happen.

Only a very few companies I know did direct IR35 outside daily rate contracts in the last 8-10 years.
              The situation only going to get tighter post April 2020 private sector legislation.

Originally posted by thus78 View Post
              It is just an another guy who is thinking that an online service he developed can return thousands to his debit without working 09:00 - 17:00. I received an email from this Contract Spy website today and then marked it as a spam. I am quite happy to work with agencies. Or there are clients out there can easily find me through LinkedIn for £0 per month.

Comment

I've been signed up for 2 months now, since I've been on the bench. Not sure what claims were made in any marketing emails, but it's not rocket science. They scrape a bunch of sources and look for contracts that are offered direct by end clients. Every day, they send a digest with about 20 contracts listed, all different skills and all over the country. Some of these are listed on job boards, but I guess not through agencies. Some appear to be scraped from the careers pages of various websites and are therefore more hidden.

Seems worth it to me while I am looking , will certainly cancel once I am in a contract.

Comment

Let us know how easy the cancellation went.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I signed up last month also (when mentioned on here) my current 2 best leads are via the site and progressing, yes they just screen scrape a bunch of company job boards (metro, TSB, Whitbread ) etc, but I would have never had visited any of these sites myself

Will report back on how easy to cancel when I get a role

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      I signed up last month also (when mentioned on here) my current 2 best leads are via the site and progressing, yes they just screen scrape a bunch of company job boards (metro, TSB, Whitbread ) etc, but I would have never had visited any of these sites myself

Will report back on how easy to cancel when I get a role
                      It sounds like this service is good for those that have too much money or not enough time. But, if you're out of a role, surely you can check these sites yourself? So, it must be the former?

Comment

Working...
                      X