• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to break the news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to break the news

Need to hand in my notice today. Will come as a shock to them, have been here a year, 2 x 6 months. New contract want me to start on Monday. Hoping they will waive the 1 weeks notice. Sitting here trying to pluck up the courage to tell them. Anyone else been in this situation.

Originally posted by HarryCodLife View Post
    Need to hand in my notice today. Will come as a shock to them, have been here a year, 2 x 6 months. New contract want me to start on Monday. Hoping they will waive the 1 weeks notice. Sitting here trying to pluck up the courage to tell them. Anyone else been in this situation.
    Are you at the end of the second 6 month stint? If so, no need to give notice. Or do your timelines not add up?
    World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
      Are you at the end of the second 6 month stint? If so, no need to give notice. Or do your timelines not add up?
      Am two weeks into the 3rd stint . . .

Comment

opps...Tell them ASAP

Comment

Sounds like you have backed yourself into a corner there with the Monday start, I gave my 2 weeks notice in last week, dont sweat it longer you leave it into the day the more you will worry about it I came in on the Friday, sent the email right off. Let it develop around you.

Comment

So 2 weeks into your third 6 month stint you decide to foxtrot oscar with no notice, reasons?

Comment

Why are you going to the new client? What are they offering you that the existing one isn't?

Why on earth do you think they will waive 1 weeks notice?? I mean.. a bloody week. You can't expect to just stand up and **** off from a client after a year. That's just stupid.

What are you going to do if your client say that's fine. Hand your kit in etc a week on Friday? You going to breach contract?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ahhh I see we've done all this..

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...contracts.html

This is just a question about not having big enough cojones to get on with it?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You've made your decision. Time to behave like a grown-up and live with the consequences.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X