• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Number of applications for roles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of applications for roles

Just noticed this on the Reed website, they show the number of applications for a role through their site

eg: Contract Java jobs in London - reed.co.uk

Thought it was interesting, not seen this on any other sites. Obviously it won't include direct applications and stuff like that.

YMMV.

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    Just noticed this on the Reed website, they show the number of applications for a role through their site

eg: Contract Java jobs in London - reed.co.uk

Thought it was interesting, not seen this on any other sites. Obviously it won't include direct applications and stuff like that.

YMMV.
    Indeed do exactly the same thing, not sure it's a good idea the best person for the contract\job might not bother applying because they see 400 applicants in front of them

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
      Indeed do exactly the same thing, not sure it's a good idea the best person for the contract\job might not bother applying because they see 400 applicants in front of them
      Nah I like that. Gives me a sense of smugness when I smash the interview and get the gig ahead of the other 400 losers.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Nah I like that. Gives me a sense of smugness when I smash the interview and get the gig ahead of the other 400 losers.
        Maybe you're aiming for roles that are beneath you; if one is able to 'smash' an interview.

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
          Maybe you're aiming for roles that are beneath you; if one is able to 'smash' an interview.
          Maybe I'm just too good?
          Last edited by northernladuk; 6 April 2016, 10:02.

Comment

Maybe I'm just too good?
            My advice to you is to aim for roles out of your comfort zone, to make yourself more marketable. I'm surprised that you continually play it safe.

Comment

My advice to you is to aim for roles out of your comfort zone, to make yourself more marketable. I'm surprised that you continually play it safe.
              LOL.. yeah.. great input Bro... Want another beer?

Comment

LOL.. yeah.. great input Bro... Want another beer?
                Only passing on my wisdom as an experienced and successful contractor. That is what this forum was designed for. Up to you if you take it or not, obviously.

Comment

Only passing on my wisdom as an experienced and successful contractor. That is what this forum was designed for. Up to you if you take it or not, obviously.
                  Shame I've only got your posting history to go on....

Comment

I agree, maybe try going for a checkout job at ASDA or Tesco rather than your current Lidl toilet cleaning gig.

Comment

Working...
                    X