• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

C# Investment bank £330 P/D

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C# Investment bank £330 P/D

Last edited by Contractor UK; 18 September 2019, 16:19.
    Polishing a turd near you!!

Crikey... not good for C#/IB/City although there are still plenty of niche roles in WPF paying well.

Comment

Is it low because it's being sold as a way in...?

This is a rare opportunity to get into investment banking for candidates who doesn't have extensive financial service background but who have a very keen interest in finance.

•Some financial experience

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
        Is it low because it's being sold as a way in...?
        I initially thought that but then it mentioned that some experience with Front/Middle/Back office would be ideal.

As a way in it may be a good gig for someone but I'd still say for London it's very low.
        Last edited by ShandyDrinker; 8 April 2016, 10:48.

Comment

Even as a way in, The rate is terrible for an IB.
          Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
            Even as a way in, The rate is terrible for an IB.
            Yep. The rate will only be terrible if someone accepts it and it becomes the new norm. Unfortunately I think we're seeing a race to the bottom with commodity skillsets such as C#.

In the MS stack if you have WPF the rates can still be pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
              Yep. The rate will only be terrible if someone accepts it and it becomes the new norm. Unfortunately I think we're seeing a race to the bottom with commodity skillsets such as C#.

In the MS stack if you have WPF the rates can still be pretty good.
              You're not talking about the eTrading role @ £ 650 that gets advertised every other week, usually by Adlam Consulting are you? The market for WPF is dreadful and has worsened year on year to the point where I've given up on it after a 6 year stint.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
                You're not talking about the eTrading role @ £ 650 that gets advertised every other week, usually by Adlam Consulting are you? The market for WPF is dreadful and has worsened year on year to the point where I've given up on it after a 6 year stint.
                I keep seeing a few that are £600+ but as I don't work with WPF couldn't say for certain what the market is like. A contractor I used to work with seems to have been doing pretty well out of WPF for the last few years at various IBs and other Financial Services clients.

Anecdotally what I am seeing is that apart from the ASP.Net MVC and associated flavour of the month js framework roles the use of C#/.Net seems to be declining (something that is backed up by tiobe and itjobswatch). This does seem to be in part the move in many organisations to things like Python. What I've been more surprised about recently is that it isn't just limited to IBs as I've seen other financial services clients move to Python too...

Comment

IB is having its Napster moment
                  and the returns from actively managed funds are lower than passive or simple algo ones so IB is a smaller and smaller pie.
                  Expect it to get worse, the good times are over, find a new niche or retire or go permie etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
                    ...The market for WPF is dreadful and has worsened year on year to the point where I've given up on it after a 6 year stint.
                    Why is this, do you think ? </Genuine question>

Boo

Comment

Working...
                    X