• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Risk Annoying Agent and Client By Delaying Start Due to Contract Review?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
    Sounds to me that it wasn't an agency trick then. That there was a budget cut, if the client had to make a special provision to pay you what you were already on.

So what's your point?
    It was agency bulltulip. They were trying to squeeze £25 to go in their back pocket. Nothing to do with the client.

The 'special provision' crap was to save face. They're not exactly going to admit they were trying it on, are they?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      Yes I can read and can see that you've been banging on about that. As I don't have a big S on my chest and tend to wear my pants under my trousers I'll leave this kind maverick activity to you superhero contractors out there who can turn up on site and be so indispensable to the client within a day that the agent will bend over backwards to accommodate you, speaking as a poor 'normal contractor'... to paraphrase BA Baracus... 'I ain't getting on no site without no contract fool!"
      Me too. If I go on site, then 2 days later agency will not change the contract, I have pretty much zero confidence that I'll be able to go telling tales to the client.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Me too. If I go on site, then 2 days later agency will not change the contract, I have pretty much zero confidence that I'll be able to go telling tales to the client.
        + 2 days billing to factor in, i would rather spend those days at home instead of taking a punt at a client, no contract = no work for me every time.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
          + 2 days billing to factor in, i would rather spend those days at home instead of taking a punt at a client, no contract = no work for me every time.
          Yep and if you walk on day 3 because things arent going your way you just worked for free for 2 days cos you aint getting paid.

Comment

Working...
          X