• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LBG Job cuts announced

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBG Job cuts announced

Not clear if its investment banking but it explains why they are not hiring many contractors recently!
    Lloyds To Axe Hundreds Of Jobs In Latest Cull

Does it? They cut headcount and get contractors in when they don't have the headcount to deliver? Cutting jobs and cutting contract roles don't always go hand in hand.

Also cutting front line staff in branches etc is unlikely to have an impact on cost saving projects etc.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Plenty of money for their recent advert featuring a horse interrupting a baby delivery in hospital. I hope they did a thorough sterilisation afterwards.

I suppose it is not as bad as the nationwide nonsense. Is their number one priority returning lost property?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Does it? They cut headcount and get contractors in when they don't have the headcount to deliver? Cutting jobs and cutting contract roles don't always go hand in hand.

Also cutting front line staff in branches etc is unlikely to have an impact on cost saving projects etc.
        Very true. My current gig was contract as they were cost cutting with no permie headcount. And the job was expected to be outsourced at some point. Which it has now been.....

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
          Not clear if its investment banking but it explains why they are not hiring many contractors recently!
          Lloyds To Axe Hundreds Of Jobs In Latest Cull
          I doubt it as LBG are pretty much Retail only theses days
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I doubt it as LBG are pretty much Retail only theses days
            Apart from the 5000 staff @ Gresham St you mean!

Comment

WGAF, cr@p rates, poor culture and lots of off shoring?
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
              X