• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency not payinng

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I do have the legal right to work while the Home Office goes through my case and can be proved in any courts in the UK,however as some pointed out

i)lawyers can be expensive
    ii)also another thought is that since the client co is a global brand,is it worth annoying them esp since they have branches globally and that on the long term can be an opportunity for me,UK operations is only their 2nd or 3rd largest op

Comment

Your contract is with the agency. Any legal action you take will be against the agency. Companies specifically use agencies so they are not involved if there are any issues over engaging workers.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Depends on how the contract is written.

This is why I stated unless you see the contract you can't make statements like that. We have to presume that the OP read their contract and understands it.

In all my contracts whether temping, employment or contractor all the clauses that are linked refer to each other. In many of my contracting contracts some of these linked clauses actually contradict each other until I get them reviewed and amended. If the OP didn't get clauses that contradict each other amended and they concern notice, then it leaves it up to the judge to do that for them and the agency.

Unfortunately for many companies whether they are employers or agencies their HR and legal teams have a habit of extending clauses thinking by doing so they are making them more enforceable, when in fact a good lawyer especially a barrister would tell them do to the opposite so a judge cannot do the interpretation for them. There was a whole series of legal articles on this issue on the main page.
        Sounds good but: "We have to presume that the OP read their contract and understands it. " in this forum?
        AND in all your many years of contracting how many cases have you encountered where a " good lawyer" or even a bad lawyer, has been engaged by a contractor to resolve a contractual issue? At an hourly rate upwards of £300 would you (figuratively speaking) engage one to prove a point or retrieve a couple of grand, when you (figuratively speaking) are so unsure of your (figuratively speaking) position that you have to secure the moral support of casually interested fellow travellers before you act?

Comment

Working...
        X