• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AirBNB

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Anyone used this yet?

Just booked a two day stay with a couple in the Silicon Valley, as everywhere was booked up.

According to their reviews (41) they're not called West and haven't killed anyone and appear the perfect guests.

Anyone used this service, good or bad?
    This for work or pleasure?

If work who have you pissed off to have to sort out your own accommodation,
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Yep - loads. I've not had any negative experiences, though I've stayed at a few places that I wouldn't bother going back to again. It was great for staying in central London, although I did find that once I took into account claiming back VAT on hotels there often wasn't THAT much in it. Either way, it did make a change and it's nice to cook sometimes.

I always tried to get my own bathroom, though I always found the hosts to be very good.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        Yep - loads. I've not had any negative experiences, though I've stayed at a few places that I wouldn't bother going back to again. It was great for staying in central London, although I did find that once I took into account claiming back VAT on hotels there often wasn't THAT much in it. Either way, it did make a change and it's nice to cook sometimes.

I always tried to get my own bathroom, though I always found the hosts to be very good.
        As I recall they have a system where you submit a VAT number, they validate it, and bookings are charged NET.

Used Airbnb many times, predominantly in Europe. Only bad experiences (2 times) were in France. As its reputation based, its better to be selective.
        ‘His body, his mind and his soul are his capital, and his task in life is to invest it favourably to make a profit of himself.’ (Erich Fromm, ‘The Sane Society’, Routledge, 1991, p.138)

Comment

Working...
        X