• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AirBNB

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AirBNB

Anyone used this yet?

Just booked a two day stay with a couple in the Silicon Valley, as everywhere was booked up.

According to their reviews (41) they're not called West and haven't killed anyone and appear the perfect guests.

Anyone used this service, good or bad?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Anyone used this yet?

Just booked a two day stay with a couple in the Silicon Valley, as everywhere was booked up.

According to their reviews (41) they're not called West and haven't killed anyone and appear the perfect guests.

I'm sure Mr Bates (Norman to his mates and mums dressmaker) will welcome you with open arms!

Comment

We used it to rent a French ski chalet - out of season (just passing through). No issues. Would use again.

Didn't stay with the owner though. Or meet them. (Got the key off a caretaker then left to our own devices)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Anyone used this yet?

You probably want to find hosts, not guests, or it may end up being more work than you planned.

Comment

I have used them in Bali twice, Gili Islands and Tamarama. All pretty faultless. No complaints at all.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Have used them a couple of times, but if you find a way to contact the owner directly for example through their website you save a fortune on the airBnB markup.
            Always research the owner, did they cancel a lot in the past, do they have other properties and read the reviews for those other properties and who are the reviewers, do they just look like they are the owners mates or are they genuine reviewers with reviews of all sorts of properties.

Comment

Never fancies the rentals where, in effect, your renting a bedroom in someones house. Especially where its shared bathroom etc. Not keen on waking up in the morning and then finding I can't have a dump for 30 mins cos someone in there having a bath etc.

Also, generally I guess there are no bedroom door locks. Dont want to wake up to find some hairy biker called Keith, lying on top of me, poking something hard into my back.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Yeah thanks for that input PC. Very useful :
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not sure what such a thread from a Permie is doing in professional forums.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Never fancies the rentals where, in effect, your renting a bedroom in someones house. Especially where its shared bathroom etc. Not keen on waking up in the morning and then finding I can't have a dump for 30 mins cos someone in there having a bath etc.

Also, generally I guess there are no bedroom door locks. Dont want to wake up to find some hairy biker called Keith, lying on top of me, poking something hard into my back.
                    I've only ever rented the whole place. Rooms are for a different type of hooker.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                    X