State of the Market State of the Market - Page 253
Page 253 of 289 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263 ... LastLast
Posts 2,521 to 2,530 of 2886

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by ruasonid View Post
    I've seen an ad running for several weeks. Yesterday I noticed an ad saying the recruiter has the sole rights. The other ads are still running.
    Sole rights to the CVs I suspect, rather than the gig itself

Or, as I have seen yonks ago, they are the first tier agency and they have farmed out to another agency to get access to a wider contractor base so the second tier agency would get a cut but your contract would be with the first one. I don't think that happens so much any more and is highly unlikely in the case you describe.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 15th November 2019 at 17:47. Reason: sentences make sure sense when you include all the words

More time posting than coding

Whatever the state of the market it's always worth looking, as something will eventually turn up. Found a in teresting potential opportunity this morning. Our client in... etc. then goes on to a lengthy cut-and-paste that kindly names the c-suite. No need for proof readers. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose View Post
    Having had a good look at the market the only conclusion one can come to is that it’s a case of silent witness with the corpse being the contract market.

Paye/IR35 etc. is irrelevant at this stage, another quarter like this and we will start to see some agency desks go under.
    In my industry and niche it's a source of amazement to me that 2-3 of the agencies at least aren't dead yet. I guess they are only afloat because of the existing gigs - cos there is zero new going on at present.

Will someone start a GoFundMe for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    In my industry and niche it's a source of amazement to me that 2-3 of the agencies at least aren't dead yet. I guess they are only afloat because of the existing gigs - cos there is zero new going on at present.
    Would that niche be PeopleSoft?

Quote Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
    Would that niche be PeopleSoft?
    Not any more - I created the account in 2007 when it was - not now.

I have had a recent run of spectacular lies from agents recently too. Fair took me back to the 00s - I think it is a sign of a deflating market.

I have had a recent run of spectacular lies from agents recently too. Fair took me back to the 00s - I think it is a sign of a deflating market.
    You can always ask them how are they finding it?

Quote Originally Posted by ruasonid View Post
    You can always ask them how are they finding it?
    I have asked a few - but they tend to be a bit non-commital as no-one wants to say things are bad. No-one wants to admit they are the agency with no gigs

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

I have asked a few - but they tend to be a bit non-commital as no-one wants to say things are bad. No-one wants to admit they are the agency with no gigs
    I get the impression agencies make so much money from contractors, that it would take a full on recession for them to be affected.