State of the Market State of the Market - Page 306
Page 306 of 354 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316 ... LastLast
Posts 3,051 to 3,060 of 3538

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    You have absolutely no idea how bad it really is. I've been on the bench 4 months despite 10 years contracting, 20 odd years in IT, considering inside/outside and can move anywhere in the country.

I am being told by recruiters that they are getting 100's of applicants per role, particularly outside ones. You've got every single contractor, both in contract and on the bench applying for the few outside roles at the moment. These are experienced contractors with many many years in the job so a new guy isn't going to get a sniff.

Sorry, there is no poor time. This is NOT the time for a newbie to be trying contracting. Period.

My honest opinion of course.. but based on a lot of facts and observations.
    Thanks for your honest opinion. I will maybe just get back to perm and wait for market to pick up if it does later on

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Thanks for your honest opinion. I will maybe just get back to perm and wait for market to pick up if it does later on
    Not that I live in Newcastle or have anything against the North-East, but ....

Code:
    Full Stack Developer / Javascript / AWS / React. Js / Python

One of our leading clients is looking to recruit for Full Stack Developer

Location – Newcastle
    Duration - 3 months
    Day Rate - £200 - £220 per day working within IR35
    I actually live 50 miles from Central London and this [Full Stack Developer / Javascript / AWS / Python / 3 month contract / Newcastle] job landed in my INBOX from Spring Technology.

Savid Javid, man. Man!

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by rocktronAMP View Post
    Not that I live in Newcastle or have anything against the North-East, but ....

Code:
    Full Stack Developer / Javascript / AWS / React. Js / Python

One of our leading clients is looking to recruit for Full Stack Developer

Location – Newcastle
    Duration - 3 months
    Day Rate - £200 - £220 per day working within IR35
    I actually live 50 miles from Central London and this [Full Stack Developer / Javascript / AWS / Python / 3 month contract / Newcastle] job landed in my INBOX from Spring Technology.

Savid Javid, man. Man!
    I’m based in the North East and that overlaps with my skill set. Year before last I had an outside role on over double that in Newcastle.

Bottom has completely fallen out the market so that rate does not surprise me. Anecdotally I know of several benched, couple including myself gone perm and the rest nervously looking for their next extension praying their number doesn’t come up.

Should post faster

Too late to evacuate, take what you can get, hold onto what you have, mitigate risks where you can. Those of age or warchests are excluded.

Head in the sand or 'out of principal' actions IMO just seem like a very bad idea given where we are.

Super poster

If anyone fancies a perm role instead we are hiring C# software engineers near Liverpool Street Station. FinTech company.

C#, SQL and the more maths you know the better!
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I just got out of perm job (in November) and looking to get into contracting but for me market seems very poor. Been looking for month and bit but no joy. Used to get numerous calls before but now its died down.
    Similar position where I'm moving into contracting but in a relative niche Cyber Security area which seems to be (for now) unaffected by the current uncertainties. I'm sure that bubble will burst just when I want it to least

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by MyUserName View Post
    If anyone fancies a perm role instead we are hiring C# software engineers near Liverpool Street Station. FinTech company.

C#, SQL and the more maths you know the better!
    what's this fintech company called?

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    You have absolutely no idea how bad it really is. I've been on the bench 4 months despite 10 years contracting, 20 odd years in IT, considering inside/outside and can move anywhere in the country.
    I've been off this site for over a year and come back to find you on the bench?
    Yep. It's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishLad88 View Post
    what's this fintech company called?
    Trotters Independent Traders, fintech dept.

Took a perm job last week. I feel grubby, but needs must. It's all well and good standing my ground and holding out for an outside role but if a market that's otherwise booming has died on it's arse and I have a mortgage to pay, I'm out of options.